**Urgent Notice re Alpharooms**

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Steve, Nov 22, 2008.

1. ibizasue

ibizasue I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    sad in cancun without Temptation

I am here at the moment in cancun xx but in the crown paradise hotel, because the only uk company i could find a last minute Temptation deal on wanted double the price for 2 weeks than any other hotel xx I love temptations.. but couldnt justify paying nearly £2000 pounds for a last minute break..that was with single supplement.. the one i got was £920 for 2 weeks including flight from manchester.... hopefully gonna try again for a deal and get back to temptations in march xx
    I wondered why i couldnt find it on alpharooms who i usually book with !!!! now i understand. :cry:

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Sue's tale just shows that by TTR not allowing UK companies to sell at the UK rate they are losing business. People are going to other hotels instead :roll:

The link to Alpharooms I took down in TTR areas of the board once they stopped offering TTR as an option.

If Expedia do have good rates at the moment please dont forget to click the Expedia link at the bottom of the board before you book, so I get credited with a sale :wink:

3. ibizasue

ibizasue I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    just clicking steve lol

fingers crossed they can find me a good deal for my birthday xxx i did check with expedia, for this trip but no luck xxx

4. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was just looking for now wont be booking till after tax season BUT if one of your companies offers the best rate I will for sure be booking through your links Steve! The least I can do for your offering this site for me to meet TTR regulars! :D

5. rflashman

rflashman Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Every time I check during the last month, every single major online travel provider (expedia, travelocity, orbitz) and every link from this site are HUNDREDS more for a simple 4 night stay.

Using www.sidestep.com (www.kayak.com same web site), it was relatively easy to find other sites like skoosh.com and gtahotels.com (currently they have the lowest $176 daily rate per couple) that resulted in reservations that were HUNDREDS less than all those other sites.

I'm all for supporting this web site, but wasn't quite ready to give away that much.

For example, the same 4 night vacation is less than $850 via gtahotels.com and more than $1,200 via one of those major travel sites. Of course, it is even MORE if you try going directly through temptationresorts.com

Scratching head,
    Rick

6. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, Steve.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice