**Urgent Notice re Alpharooms**

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Steve, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Ian

Ian Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    These Mexican's really do like to have their cake and eat it dont they.

Funny thing is Alpha Rooms weren't the cheapest on the market for TTR recently so what are TTR going to do, severe links with every travel agent that happen's to offercut price booking's to customers not resident in the country where the travel agent is based :roll: .

Look's like anothertick in the box on the ' reasons to holiday in a resort other than TTR' sheet if you ask me.

Ian :lol:

2. Gone South

Gone South Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0
    TTR IS BECOMING A JOKE. I BOOKED THRU APLPHA BECAUSE OF THE PRICE LAST MAY.

IS THERE ANOTHER SITE WITH PRICES AS GOOD?

IS THERE ANOTHER HOTEL LIKE TTR? IT IS TIME TO BOYCOTT THEM.....

3. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    I am usually a TTR basher, but I see their point on this one.

The goal of every business is to maximize their revenue, and Alpharooms lowered the value of TTR rooms to everyone, and destroyed any incentive of the US travel companies to promote or encourage US travelers to go to TTR.

I have looked for TTR on Funjet for possible trips, and they were not even offering that resort for several times during the year.

4. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    Would you worry about booking into Oasis Cancun for one of my kids for Spring Break?

Pretty reasonable.

5. Gone South

Gone South Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0
    I GUESS WE DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT BOYCOTTING THEM.

THE ECONOMY WILL TAKE CARE OF THAT.

I THINK THEY ARE MADE SEVERAL CHANGES THAT ARE NOT POSITIVE

STAFF,PRICES .

I DONT MEAN TO BASH THE PLACE I REALLY ENJOYED OURSELVES BUT WITH MONEY TIGHT ALPHA WORKED FOR ME.

6. typeoxpress

typeoxpress Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 1
    I guess I didn't know that TTR has differing pricing but it may make since they do business with differing countries exchange rates. They may have been trying to expand their market to Europe and as an incentive reduced the rate for European travelers. If there was a lope hole where a European company could sell the packages less then the others that isn't really fair to the others. My assumption would be Alpharooms was paying much less then the others and charging about the same price. Sometimes saving customers money mostly making Alpharooms lots of money.

We have never seen a huge price difference between Alpharooms and Expedia when there was a difference we choose Expedia since I have done a lot of business with them and know how issues and problems get resolved. For the little difference I could have saved I was cautious with how I was going to resolve issues on a 7 hour time difference.

Does it really matter what TTR decides to do and who they do business with? I guess if we go in January and have a horrible experience we won't go back. If we have a great time like we have in the past then we will regardless to how TTR decides to change as a business.

If we were going to Cancun and had a choice between all the other resorts and TTR we would choose TTR regardless to price. You get what you pay for and we are willing to pay more for TTR. I have heard change and I have heard this or that. A few years ago they didn't want Steve to do his booze cruise. I didn't agree with that but I still went back and had a great time.

We have to see the value in what we are spending on vacation, we haven't ever not seen value in TTR. Expedia, Orbits, Alpharooms or all the other vacation brokers will not change our opinion of TTR, what we get at TTR will.

I'll get off my soap box now
    Jim

7. LarKat

LarKat Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0
    I find it somewhat odd that in this day of internet reservations, a resort company would want to tier pricing by country. Regardless of what they offer, one of their rooms is a room is a room is a room. Why is a Brit in that room a different value to them than a US? Would anyone be happy if they found out that someone from Iowa had to pay much more than someone from Michigan, just because they are from Iowa?
    It isn't my company and I certainly don't know the motivations for their marketing decisions, but I would think that they would want to build a happy clientel, who would want to come back year after year without hassles. (ie. the wristband problem of last winter, or the recent pricing snafu) I like the place, but eventually I will stop coming back if problems persist.

8. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was just looking to find prices for this May and noticed the Alpha room link was gone. (used them last year and was so happy!) I havent been around as much as before and was wondering if this was the case...love the search feature!

Anyone finding a good price elsewhere?

9. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Angi, I have been looking for 4 of us girls that want to come there in May, and the best prices I can find are on Expedia....that is with airfare and hotel, dont know about transfers...I always use Brant

they were the cheapest I could find, but not cheap by any stretch

10. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah it is lookin to me like a 7 day is going to be more expensive than my 10 day last year. Geez!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice