Urgent help!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CancunCanuck, Feb 14, 2008.

1. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all and happy freaking dia de amistad. Our day started off just fantastic, we were robbed. Someone stole all the copper pipes from our roof. Police came fast and actually chased the guy, but thieves are in better shape than the Cancun police. Broad daylight robbery, ballsy, Jorge was at home and so were the neighbours, they saw dude coming down with all our pipes and called the cops.

Sooooo, we have no water. No pipes, no water. I'm looking for a contact for Karl and Dee if anyone has it. I sent an email to Vic as that is how I met them, but he's a busy guy, thought I might jump in here to see if anyone has a number. (Karl is apparently a great guy to know for plumbing and general handyman stuff).

Would love to get started getting pipes back in today, can anyone lend a hand? Or some copper?

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Fabulous, Gene and Karl you both rock. Karl will be here in two minutes, yahoo!

Who needs yellow pages? :D

3. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Oh Kelly :(
    hope water is back on soon.
    Love
    Tracey
    x

4. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Tracey, the masterful Karl is on the job, will have water this afternoon.

And no more copper, we're going plastic all the way. :D

5. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    robbery

Sorry to hear about your crappy day, Canuck! I was robbed on Valentine's Day (4 years ago), but he only got away with cash. I guess both of our robbers woke and realized it was Valentine's Day and they needed cash for a gift. Rather than working for the money...or saving any money...they just decided to steal. I'm just glad you are ok. You might be a bit smelly if you don't get water soon, but at least you are safe. :wink:

By the way, is your fabulous chiropractor still in the same location?? If not, will you please PM me with directions to his office.

Thanks!!!

Susan

6. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Aw Susan, Valentine's Day robberies, sorry to hear it! I figure down here it's more about the 14th being the day before quincena, nobody's got any money. Aww, the gift of copper pipes, how romantic. :lol:

As fas as I know, Dr. Milagro chiro is in the same place, been a while since I have visited. Hope you get the kinks out.

7. Tinder

Tinder Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kelly,

Sorry to hear about your problem. We here in Illinois are having different problems, no power due to an ice storm. Luckily, we have missed out but others are not so lucky. But, glad to hear that things will be better soon.

8. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    awww, so sorry to hear that, Kelly ...

Glad no one was hurt.

Hope you, hubby and darling Max can still manage to have a Happy Valentine's Day :hug:

9. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Canuck - What a crappy thing. I'm dismayed to hear your pipes were stolen while you were in the house. Will your landlord repay you for the repair? Hope all is back to normal now.

10. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks all. Yes, we are back to normal thanks to Karl (and Gene). While it was a bad thing to happen, it was nice to see the neighbours coming together, we've talked to everyone about improving security and watching out for each other.

And Max has now decided that he wants to play on the roof all the time, but that's another story.

Karma will bite that thief in the butt one day. May he have a wicked case of dengue and no access to toilets or running water. There, he has been cursed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice