Upgrade To Tower At Check-in?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by matchandherbetterhalf, Jun 5, 2019.

1. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Thanks for the additional thoughts.

I am a bit concerned that we won't be provided referral benefits on our stay, as there has been the odd post about that here lately. If we arrive and are refused members' benefits, I will make a fuss to be moved into the Tower, as I only booked a Garden room because that's all I could book on referral. Not that there's anything wrong with Garden rooms, but if I have to pay $20 each for Sean and I to go to the roof every day because we are not staying as members, then I might as well pay $40/night to upgrade to the Tower.

2. Len from the Floor

Len from the Floor Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +556 / 3
    The posts about Referrals on FB have gone from "odd posts" to a "loud roar". Referrals now get gold bracelets and it appears have very limited benefits. At this point, it seems that free Skybar access is still one of the few benefits available. However, no one has outright stated that this is true - the comments I've read are of the "I think Skybar is still included" variety.

A word of caution - as I suspect everyone knows, FB is not always the best source of accurate information, so let's see what we learn in the next few days.

Most disappointing is the total lack of any information from Premier.

3. matchandherbetterhalf

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Thanks for this, Len. I'll certainly post here about my experience with referral benefits when I get back.

4. Matt and Lisa

Matt and Lisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,757 / 5
    It was part of their check in process to ask you if you wanted to upgrade. The fee was negotiable. They called it a ‘special’ on the upgrade when quoting the lower price after I declined the first offer.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Len from the Floor

Len from the Floor Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +556 / 3
    I am headed there on Sunday and 3 couples on referral will be joining me, so I will have additional info based on their experience by the end of next week, which I plan to share.

I'm trying to decide if I am going to go and have a chat with premier about this or simply tell my Referrals that they can skip the presentation. Neither choice is particularly appealing. :(

6. matchandherbetterhalf

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Just to close the loop on this thread that I started, I did ask on check-in how much an upgrade to a Tower room from a Garden room would cost. The check-in person told me there were no Bash rooms available, but we could upgrade to a Lush room for an additional $400 PER NIGHT. :eek: Give me a break...that is more than what I could have booked a Lush room for when we booked Garden. I did not even bother to try to negotiate, as I was irritated about being quoted $2800 to upgrade to Lush for our stay on top of what I'd already paid for our Garden room. Jeez.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice