Upgrade Room?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by VitaminP, Apr 12, 2019.

1. VitaminP

VitaminP Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0
    Thanks for all of the replies and info.
    I think we'll get a jacuzzzi room. We probably won't spend much much time in the room, but I think the jacuzzi (aka bubbly bathtub) may be fun in the event of some extracurricular activities.
    Not too concerned about an ocean view, we'll just go to the ocean for that. Also, I kind of like the idea of a ground floor room.

We're really excited about this trip. Hopefully we'll get to meet some of you.

2. FirsttimerTX

FirsttimerTX Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Along these same lines of upgrading rooms. This (December?) will be our first and likely only trip to Cancun. We have a LONG list of places we want to go so return trips are unlikely. We have been looking at an oceanfront room with the jacuzzi tub. However, even though we are on a tight budget, I am considering looking at one of the Master Suites. It adds about $1000 to our trip, which is obviously a big deal for us. But as I said, this is likely a once in a lifetime experience. I know that there are some perks associated with being in the tower. Also the larger room with wraparound balcony and larger hot tub make it extremely attractive, for various and somewhat obvious reasons. However one downside for us is we aren't huge party people and although we will likely attend some of the parties, we will likely not stay at them till all hours. So if we get back to the room and the party is still going on, how much of a nuisance can it be noise wise and all? Basically I'm just trying to figure out if its worth the upgrade.

3. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,857 / 5
    Steve,
    I believe the blue shaded ones that you called “Oceanfront Suites” are now called (and being Sold as) “Beachfront Seduction Suites” as there is direct access to the beach on the bottom 4 and “beach front” for the other 8 (floors 2 and 3). We will see tomorrow as we wanted something different than Tower this trip.

4. Noah

Noah Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 1
    While upgrade costs v benefits are pretty subjective - moving up to the master suite will be a noticeably better experience. We haven’t stayed in one, but the noise from bash is pretty minimal in tower rooms. The resort made a decent effort to soundproof the front of the rooms. Sadly, the doorway to the hallway where you access the room is not soundproof at all. Your much more likely to be distributed by hallway noise than bash.

Also, it’s my understanding that unless your looking at a lush tower suite, the advertised oceanfront jacuzzi rooms may have the jacuzzi inside (only a few are outside). So, if room quality is important and you’d be happier staying in a luxurious ocean front suite with a real outside jacuzzi, I’d do the upgrade.

However, like I said at the beginning, overall value of an upgraded room is pretty subjective. The physical benefits of being in a Tower room are not worth 1000, and you can probably have between 75-90% of the same overall experience in a non-master suite. It’s just going to come down to how much you like having the best room. We do regular bash tower rooms as a good compromise - it’s upgraded, but not that much more money than non-tower.

5. Deleted member 22979

Deleted member 22979 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nothing wrong with the garden view rooms at all. You’ll appreciate the quiet and they’re central to everything.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice