UPDATED-- Hurricane Dean (Cat 5)

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Aug 13, 2007.

1. cmendez

cmendez Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hurrican Dean

This Hurrican will hit CANCUN straight on. The reports continue to make this true. Unless a miracle happens and the hurrican changes its possition drastically then CANCUN IS FINISHED. This hurrican will be at least a Cat 4 when it hits CANCUN and we remember what happend last time. CANCUN is not ready for such a storm. The govt has not set up a man made reef like they had planned to help save the existing sand they had pumped in to remake the beaches. Due to this CANCUN will lose all of there sand again waisting all of that money spent to rebuild it's beaches. This is BAD, VERY VERY BAD news. We can all say ADIOS to CANCUN as we know it. The whole tropical areas Jamaca etc.. have continued to have less and less visitors each year due to these hurrican's travelers just don't wan to risk having to cancel there long waited vacation for a hurrican. I will remember CANCUN the way it was, i suggest all you CANCELL your vacations to CANCUN as CANCUN is days away from being taken off the map. Sorry to say but this is the reality stop saying just waite and see it could change course but guess what it's not and it won't. Cancun is a direct hit on all 4 globaly recognized projected maps.

2. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome to the board and thanks. At least that's is cheering us up who are not tourists :lol:

All dead, without house on Tuesday??? :roll: Well, if we are dead we don't need any house, right?

3. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    There are plenty of veterans of Cancun-area hurricanes here and no one is panicking. The sky is not falling just because a hurricane is on its way.

4. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    cmendez,
    That's an extremely pessimistic view of what is going to happen. I am not saying we are not going to see some bad weather, but to say that "Cancun will be destroyed" is a doomsday view that isn't very realistic. Wilma was the biggest, baddest mother of hurricanes and we survived that just fine. A little cat 4 won't be anything in comparison. Cancun was built to withstand hurricanes, it is not going to disappear off the map.

Yes, the models have Dean coming to the Yucatan, but it's still to early to say whether Cancun will get a direct hit or not, could be anywhere between Tulum and here, or it could just miss us. I am not worried for my life or even my house and livelihood, it would take a lot more than Dean to take Cancun off the map.

5. CRAZYMIKE

CRAZYMIKE Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My god people vaction money is all you guys worry about. That is why there in insurance.

Think for who live there to make your vacation happy. Think of there homes there jobs, lost wages, food, water.

Our prays go out for all our friends who live and work in Cancun. Be safe and get out brfore the strom hits

Mike

6. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wish I had read this before I went and bought all those supplies last night. What a waste of money and time. Not that it matters now though, I won't need any money when I'm dead! HAHAHA.

Can you give me your number? I thought I'd play the lottery before the most destructive hurricane in the universe hits us and wipes us out so that I can live out my dream before I die and die a rich woman. I am certain you can predict the winning numbers so please help me with my last dying wish.

You're the bomb.

Thanks.

7. jenleib

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank my friends! Yes, the sky will fall on us, but will be back to shiny blue very soon!

Cancun went with Gilberto, which was the worst of them for what I heard, Wilma the looooooooooongest of them for what I LIVED. Now we get another one. It is scary, but believe me, I prefer a hurrican once in a while than repeated snow storms for 8 to ten months every year in Canada. What about you, Kelly :wink:

Maybe the tourists will stop coming for a while, but do they stop going to Florida? And Florida has been hit many times. Cancun, even with damaged beaches will still attract people living in freezing countries from Dec to March.

Cancun will get out of it, and the following ones too. At the best, I will change my picture for a wrecked house :D At the worst see you all in another paradise :cool:

8. jenleib

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great, Liz :D I had not seen you post before I posted mine.

You are sooooo right, at least I laughed!!! And needed it. Because I live on the beach so I will be among the first ones to die and to plant my towel (no tent, there are no left) on the beach (what will be left) in front of my ex-house. Too bad I spent so much money last night! But I will die happy after seeing the King concert :D :lol:

9. ACBUD420

ACBUD420 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

hahaha

nice elizabeth!

10. gene37412

gene37412 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: Hurrican Dean

Damn I am going to die and I only got a chance to enjoy my retirement for 6 months....well I always heard if you can last here 6 months then you are from Cancun....I guess I am from Cancun

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice