UPDATED-- Hurricane Dean (Cat 5)

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  3. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    cheers, can't see how you got to it, but now I can click on the link!
    :lol:

4. BrianL

BrianL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

But tonights 00Z models will be the most important for predicting the track of the hurricane. They'll probably be released at around midnight tonight.... or even 5 am tomorrow.

My opinion? I think its just gonna hit the tip of the Yucatan Peninsula, with most of it staying off shore. I think its gonna track just a little more WNW then the models are hinting at right now and it will show within the next 12 hours when the new models come out.

5. ACBUD420

ACBUD420 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well even if the eye skims of the top, the eye wall and the worst part of the hurricane will hit land.

at least this ones moving a lot faster than wilma..

6. jeffNalisa

jeffNalisa Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 1
    I hope you're right Brian. We are supposed to fly out Sun 630 am. We tried to cancel and change to Cabo, but cannot until the airlines cancel the flight. We bought travel insurance so I dont get it. Supposed to know more tomorrow. I'll take a bad day of weather as long as everyone is safe. I just dont want to sped my vacation loking for a way home.

7. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  8. carrie82

carrie82 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am supposed to be arriving in Cancun around 4pm Thursday should I contact my travel operator now or should I wait until Monday?

9. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm glad it didn't work out for me to go to Cancun for my 30th birthday, which is Wednesday. I will also be hawking the 'net and weather channel/Fox News.

My prayers will be with you all who are or will be in Cancun next week!

10. mke65@yahoo.com

mke65@yahoo.com Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Word of Advice regarding Huricanes

I know first hand (went to Cancun 1 day before Wilma was there 6 days after). If you are reading this you might be debating on going or not going. Take my word, don't go. 3,000 or more lost dollars does not compare to the "experience" of being in Mexico for a Hurricane. Your dissapointment will be compounded by 10x when you are sitting in a hot elementary school with no running water, no toilets, sewage seeping up on the floor, no food except tuna, none of the people willing to give you honest information about status of hurricane, and all the people gathered into a small room smelling ripe after the first day or so of 80 plus degrees.

If you do go, take a flashlight, world band radio, extra cell phone batteries, lots of books to read, and stock up on protein bars. You will be in an evacuation site for at least 2 to 3 days and more if the damage is extensive.

Not trying to be a downer but hoping to let someone learn from my mistake. I fairness to myself, I left when it was still a depression. It went from depression, to storm on the first day we were there. Then on 2nd day it was hurricane with sites on Cancun.

Everyone did the should I shouldn't I routine but trust the forecasters and go with what they are saying. As was mentioned earlier, in all but 2 forecasts the thing is showing cancun on it's bulls eye.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice