update on the reverse move

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by johndish, Jul 6, 2007.

1. johndish

johndish Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just a quick update on our return to the states. Yolanda's i-130 was approved which means that I believe the next step for her permanent residence card is the interview in a U.S. consulate in Mexico. This was a little quicker than what we had expected.

Things we miss
    our friends
    our garden
    our house
    cheap and good fruit and vegetables
    Camila's school
    Family
    taco's
    cheap labor
    cheap taxi's

Things we don't miss
    Potholes
    my old job
    potholes
    mail system
    our satellite system

Things we like in Orlando
    Good roads
    Fast and relative on-time response from cable/phone etc
    availability and ease of mortgage
    Clean water (i feel safe drinking the milk here!)

Life is a balance in the end. We love Cancun and will grow to love Orlando again (this is my third time here). I feel liberated not working at my old job. I travel far too much but, we are happy and adjusting and can't wait for Yolanda's papers to be cleared so she can travel again.

So far we have gone to Cocoa Beach, Fort Myers, Williamsburg Virginia, Myrtle Beach and a town outside of Atlanta in the 5 months we have been here. next month we will probably visit family in Indiana many of which have never seen John Paul. In September I hope to go to the Grand Canyon for a couple weeks as a family.

On a side note our old gardener from Cancun is here. He came up and did a weeks worth of work for me after he "escaped" from his place of employment. It was literally almost a prison where he was an indentured servant. We picked him up I felt like we were on a jailbreak.

2. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Glad to hear things are going well in Florida!

Just a quick note...not clear on if you're filing the I129F after the I130 to speed things up, or just doing CR1 or IR1 with the I130, but there will be a bit of a wait for interviews either way.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  4. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good to hear from you and glad things are going well. Greetings to the family!

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    John - Lovely to hear from you! Glad things are going well.

6. johndish

johndish Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gb,

we have of course filed the i-129. I spoke with our lawyer today (paid for by my last employer thank you!!!) and they indicated we had two options.

1. file an extension of her tourist visa and she would eventually have to go to mexico for several months prior to the interview or

2. File change of status in the U.S.

we are going with option 2 but, apparently there is some risk (little) involved but, the lawyer feels that our intentions were clear and consistent with the law and we should not have problems.... this will in theory delay her green card somewhat...

wish us luck

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice