Upcoming Musical Events

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by RiverGirl, Dec 1, 2008.

1. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cunspin,

I have been a huge fan for 30 years. I have 40+ CD's and videos of the Outlaws. A lot of bootlegs and they actually got back together in 2005 and are still touring. Sadly though Hughie Thomasson passed on Sept. 9th, 2007. They will not be the same without Mr. Outlaw. I saw them 6 times from 2005-2007.

Got to meet him a few times.
    [​IMG]
    Me and Hughie in Oct. 2005.

In Feb. I will bring a few to you and drop them at your restuarant.

2. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow! you are a fan, thanks thats nice of you.

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nope never saw them.

I was a Deadhead for a while, I saw 28 Grateful Dead shows I think.

4. GONZO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I like the Dead too but only saw them a few times. You probably were at some shows that my Deadhead brother went to. He traveled all over the US to see them and always made T-shirts to sell at shows to keep going to other shows. I know he saw several at Red Rocks.

Sorry for hijacking your thread.

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I never saw them at Red Rocks (boohoo), all the Dead shows I saw were in the east, NYC, Philly, CT, Boston, Maine, etc.

6. GONZO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not at Red Rocks (boohoo indeed) well you probably were at some of the same shows regardless he put on a lot of miles traveling from town to town. In fact he named his kids Jerry, Mickey (Hart) and (cosmic) Charlie.

Gotta love him.

Hey RG I will be in Cancun at the end of Feb. If there is some local music that I should be looking for I am hoping you will be posting it nearer that date. But not Air Supply, sorry CancunCanuck. :wink:

7. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'll be sure to post any musical events that I hear of here. Cancun seems to be off the beaten track for a lot of bands but there are a few big acts that play here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice