Unsupervised Atv/4x4 Rentals & Other Deeper Yucatan Adventures

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by snagpoint, Dec 3, 2022.

1. snagpoint

snagpoint Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Full disclosure, I'm not totally a sit by the pool at a resort person, and I've spent most of my adult life vacationing in what most would consider bizarre countries: Belarus x3, Moldova, Bolivia, Venezuela, Suriname Albania, Serbia/Kosovo, Romania, Bulgaria, Russia x3. etc. In Albania and Moldova, they had companies that would let you rent Lada Nivas to go explore and didn't mind if they were roughed up a bit. In Bolivia, sort of more unofficially, you could do the samething. Dirtbikes on other countries. I won't mention all the gadgets that some paid off mercenaries let us experiment with.

Anyways, are there any similar type adventurous activities inland other than normal tourist attractions? I'm aware of the ever growing dangers in the area and am not looking to get linked up in that by any means, but knowing Spanish, I would love to hang out with some small town locals, even if it's just hanging out and drinking in the street, and see if there is anything nearby that they do for fun. In Russia/Eastern Europe, they'd usually show you some unimpressive Soviet statue and then invite you back for some of their homemade samagon and dinner, which I always thought was cool. Anything like that outside of Cancun and not have to wear a vest?

Appreciate any off the wall ideas in advance!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice