United States To Require Covid Test To Return To Us..

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by txcpl1129, Jan 12, 2021.

1. hrdway8

hrdway8 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 1
    As I understand it... any vaccination (measles, chickenpox,... including COVID)... do NOT keep you from contracting the virus, vaccinations simply give your body the necessary "tools" to fight it off and destroy the virus to keep it from replicating. Vax's are not like force-field shields, preventing the virus from entering your body. So even with a vaccination, you could still test positive if exposed to the virus and possibly pass it...you simply would not get sick (showing symptoms), or as get as sick that would require hospitalization.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  2. Mamahot74

Mamahot74 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0
    If you get the vaccination you will most likely have the antibodies which will show that you have recovered from Covid so you shouldn't need the test.

3. Matt and Lisa

Matt and Lisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,757 / 5
    The FAQ on the CDC website says that you need a negative test still even if vaccinated.

4. txcpl1129

txcpl1129 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +993 / 0
    I would think you would definitely need the test with our without vaccine..

5. Matt and Lisa

Matt and Lisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,757 / 5
    I was hoping for this, but unfortunately it doesn’t look like this is acceptable documentation of recovery. You need a positive test and a letter saying that your safe to travel from a health professional.

6. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Q: "If I've had the vaccine, do I still have to have a negative test result paperwork to hand in before I board my flight back home?

A: Yes, unless you have the "proof of recovery paperwork," which is defined as a previously-positive test result AND a letter from your physician confirming that you are safe to travel with others.

Note, the CDC reg says NOTHING about antibodies... antibodies are irrelevant to the Rule. They want it to be very simple "at the shart end," where "the rubber meets the road." In other words, for some schlep who's working as a gate atendant and is rushed/hurried to get people ON the plane as quickly as possible... they need a VERY simple, black & white answer to the question, "Do you have the negative test or proof o recoery pperwork?" If so, you get on the plane, if not... you don't.

Stacia just heard from someone (on Facebook, so take it with a grain of salt) that a testing center is being set up in one of the Cancun Hotel Zone's major hotels to accommodate travellers to Cancun. It'll be private-pay of course, but I betcha it's faster turnaround than 72 hours. If they charge the right amount, it could easily be the rapid tests, with results back same-day.

7. Lake Lover

Lake Lover Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0
    This will be a gamechanger for a lot of people including us. Seems like a roll of the dice to be able to return home on time:mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. CorpusDuo

CorpusDuo Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    Sadly I think many US citizens will cancel their trips if it’s not reasonably easy to get a rapid test at a fair price. IMO Temptation and other hotels need to act quickly to get this in place. We arrive in 2 weeks but will cancel if it looks like getting a test will be a major and expensive hassle.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  9. Lake Lover

Lake Lover Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0
    The repercussions of having to stay until a negative test (although tempting) is in hand will weigh heavily on people im afraid

10. Deleted member 40096

Deleted member 40096 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have heard that the Mexican Government is trying to set up a facility in the hotel zone for testing in addition to the private labs and hospitals.
    They are also arranging hotels at a discounted rate close to the airport incase you do test positive within the 72 hour mark are are not able to fly.
    As Canadians we had to do this last week, tested Thursday flew on Sunday. They wanted our negative tests at the airline check in counter. Anyone without a negative test was turned away.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice