United States To Require Covid Test To Return To Us..

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by txcpl1129, Jan 12, 2021.

1. FandS

FandS Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0
    I guess these scenarios are why Canada has shut down flights to Mexico and the new 3-day hotel stay upon returning. Not placing any blame on anyone, it's a tough one, lots of issues not matter how safe we try to keep travel.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  2. SUPnSun

SUPnSun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +422 / 1
    I read in the news that they had an uptick in travel related cases after the Christmas holidays. The travel ban lasts until after Spring Break season.

3. Always.smiling2018

Always.smiling2018 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    I emailed Temptation last week. I was told they would have testing on site. Is this not true as of 1/30/2021?

4. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    Yes!! TTR has testing on site now! They also have rooms set aside for when you test positive at a discounted rate. ( $75 nt. )

5. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    To follow up, she got sick for 3 days from 2nd shot.
    Arm did get more sore after first day, then chills, fever, cough, headaches, and fatigue.
    But on the fourth day was all better.
    Still has a nagging cough from time to time but could be allergies.
    Despite TX cedar (juniper), oak, grass, and mold counts being low there are many in our area complaining about allergy symptoms.
    This is those whom have had Covid, have not, have had shot/shots, and who have not.
    So no correlation here.

6. Midwest Temptationers

Midwest Temptationers Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0
    Really, really struggling on whether to cancel/reschedule our Feb 28-March 8th trip. Any more insight on what the hotel capacity is like? The whole reason to come to TTR is to relax, party and have NO worries! If I have to wear a mask at the pool or beach, or if there is only 30% capacity, I just don't know whether the stress is worth the trip. May reschedule to June. Hoping to have vaccine by that point and wouldn't worry as much.

7. Iowa563

Iowa563 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0
    We got back last week from a 10 day trip to TTR. Only people wearing masks were the staff and the place was packed. Guests are not required to wear masks. The 24th was the busiest I have ever seen the resort. Everyone was ready to party and it was the craziest trip we have had there...in a good way.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    Guests are not required to wear mask while at the resort unless you do go outside the resort! Then a mask is required like a home! Masks are required from the time you board the plane until you get to the resort!

9. Bob & Stacy

Bob & Stacy Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +351 / 0
    We were there NYE and about 80% of the people we talked to already covid. Almost everyone we hung out with who didn’t have Covid had it when they got home. Even with “herd immunity” it is still there.
    We are going to Hedo in April. We have both had it last year but our thought is if we go for 5 days or less and we get tested 3 days before we leave, it’s not likely that we will test positive within 2 days of getting there even if we have been exposed.

10. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Stacia & I caught The VID (Kevin Hart reference) in the week before the week before Thanksgiving (double "before" intentional). It held me down like The Man for 16 days, Stacia's small but Mighty, so she was only hindered for 13 days. Had to cancel a pre-Thanksgiving trip to DRM we had planned. We were going to go down there as my calendar was "open," and we wanted to get another dose of The Awesome before year's end as we sort of felt like we deserved (well, we wanted) it.

So, depending on which immunologist's learned articles one reads we are: A) "Good to go;:" B) Completely unprotected fromfrom the other 4 (5?) COVID strains; or C) have some defense from our antigen/antibodies in our system to help us out.

I do know, however, that I will end up dead of head and perhaps also chest trauma if I do not get my lady to a beach as soon as I am able.... and Galveston don't count. Post trip-February trip calendar doesn't have anything on it that is "in-person," so I'm bringing the Surface from work, with which i can tie into my office server, and work, hopefully naked, from the DRM room's balcony/patio in the sunshine while maintaining a respectful and quarantined distance from anyone else except for Stacia of course, and anybody else also "stricken" with a positive test but remains asymptomatic while we wait. I wonder how we'll get drinks.... Oh, that's right. Room service at DRM is awesome.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice