United States To Require Covid Test To Return To Us..

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by txcpl1129, Jan 12, 2021.

1. lakeboy22

lakeboy22 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +442 / 0
    There is no way I am testing 72 hrs out. Maybe the day I am leaving, why would you test early? If you test positive it ends your vacation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Charles Phillips

Charles Phillips Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you felt confident you didn’t have it when you left the US, if you were to catch it say day one of your trip, and you only were staying five nights, then you would want to test as early as possible on day three because you wouldn’t test positive even though you caught it. They recommend testing five days after you have been exposed to it. First three days the amount of viral bodies are not high enough for a positive test

3. lakeboy22

lakeboy22 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +442 / 0
    Hum. You might be correct. So get the test done somewhere else not at the resort in case your wrong. They are not moving from a master suite to quarantine in a garden view room. If it’s negative you have the results early and can leave. If it’s positive start exploring your options. Don’t let them control the narrative.

4. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    You would think...but expected. The new fed administration is implementing their plan and that is probably going to be more aggressive/restrictive that the last administration.

As far as I can tell, getting the vaccine will not help with travel restrictions.

We are still planning on going in June. Kay has the summers off so she can quarantine and I get 8 weeks of leave a year that I usually don't use all of. And if I would test positive in Mexico I would just use sick leave (got 1000's of hours I have never used). We both had COVID in November and both will be vaccinated. Don't know what else would be expected of us or what we can do. 5 months is a while so the Gov't has plenty of times to change the rules again and again (ie...F#ck things up) before our trip.

If it all works out we'll get our tests 71 hours before the expected flight home. If we test positive then only 11 extra days in Mexico. Also less time to get to detectable levels if we do catch it in Mexico. This is the first time we have bought trip insurance.

Got to get back to living life.

5. PWed

PWed Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 0
    Does that mean you weren’t feeling well while you felt your body building antibodies?

6. mexico24

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    Got my 2nd on Thursday (moderna) it kicked my a$$ for about 24 hours. About 8 hours after I received the booster vaccine I started feeling run down..went to the gym anyway. About an hour into my workout I started getting shakes and a headache..weak as fu@k...went home and got under a bunch of blankets and shivered..then hot..then freezing..then sweating. Body aches and fever. Woke up feeling much better but still run down. Today (3 days later) all is good. The vaccine was much worse than actually having had covid. Lots of guys at work called in sick the next day after the booster. Seems like those of us that had covid were hit much harder with the vaccine.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  7. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Rayanne and I had Covid in Sept.
    It was not too bad except the fatigue which lasted 6 weeks or so but we did fully recover.
    Tested for antibodies (both positive) before heading back to TTR for Halloween.
    Ray (in health care) got the first shot (Pfizer) two weeks ago and it kicked her ass for about 3 days.
    Her arm got so sore by end of day one she could not raise it above shoulder.
    Had chills, fever, fatigue, etc.
    She did recover after 3-4 days.

Gets second shot this Tuesday.
    Wondering how it may hit her.

I found your comment about those whom have actually had Covid getting hit worse than those who did not.
    Might depend on which strain folks had.

8. SandDcouple

SandDcouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +685 / 0
    Had Covid in September as well. Got first shot Thursday and only a little sore arm the next day. Apparently it’s much like the virus in how it affects everyone a little different.

9. mexico24

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    First shot was no prob. It’s the second that got me.

It’s been about 8 weeks since I had covid. Spent my quarantine time hiking in remote badlands. I was only symptomatic for about 12 hours. Slight fever and aches one evening. Still can’t smell. Never lost taste. First couple times running afterwards felt a bit winded earlier than normal.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  10. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    I am worried about my employer. I have to put in specific dates for vacation, and I have already told coworkers I am planning to fly overseas. So if this return-from-overseas-quarantine becomes mandatory with my employer, I am not sure what I will do. It's too late to request extra time off, and I'm sure it would be denied anyway because it's in excess of the time I already have.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice