Under the Weather trip report (Apr 19-28)

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Ali & Andrew, May 5, 2014.

1. Ali & Andrew

Ali & Andrew I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 1
    I was sick less than 3 days in so I don't think I got it at the resort either. Who knows where, work, plane, some public place....

2. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    the symptoms were mysteriously similar

3. deb3667

deb3667 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    Sorry to hear you all were sick! I had the normal sore throat stuff I get there all the time. I took a lot of airborne. Planes, and all you never know.

4. phunincanada

phunincanada Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I still cannot believe I didn't get sick.....and I kissed and hung around with y'all! LOL. I think all of the alcohol I consumed killed any infection that may have been trying to attack me. I'm glad to hear everyone is now feeling better.

5. Trav1

Trav1 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    Sadly, me, and my 2 friends did get sick with the same symptoms as you describe Ali & Andrew/Donald and we visited 29th May - 12th June. Upper respiritory symproms, coughs etc. Mine has been bad, so much so i had to go to the Doctor and he's now prescirbed Doxycycline (anti-biotics) to treat the Chest Infection as have my friends. Who knows what caused it but out of our party of 5, 3 of us got it.

6. Donald

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

my doctor says it was probably a virus and not much \i could do about it. Why the randomnon of it ???? maybe being exposed to a similar virus earlier in you r life could reduce the risks ??

CSI team never reported back :)

7. Trav1

Trav1 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    Who knows, lets just say i'm STILL recovering now and have 2 days left to go on the anti-bitoics.... Has it put me off returning to TTR...?? HELL NO! Already planning the next trip. Just really hope, it's 3rd time lucky and we return with no viruses/coughs/sickness etc!

Damn that CSI team, don't they know who we are!? :)

8. JackMight

JackMight Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    On our trip I was sick with a sore throat and unwell. I think the drinking cups are just wiped and reused over and over again and maybe that's were I got it. My wife didn't get it so we mustn't of kissed enough! ;)

9. Donald

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    Most regulars know about the cup thing,, you just have to stand at the pool bars and watch the double dunk tank system,,, we all bring our own cups/Bubba mugs.

I,m also a firm believer in bringing a can of Lysol and spraying down the ac vents /curtains every day.

Planes are also a breeding ground for germs , as they are never cleaned ,and the air is recirculated a lot .

Eat well ,oranges /vitaman C,, and build up your pro-biotics 2 weeks before going . ( they ussually die the first day with all the tequila shots , so keep re-building)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice