Under the Weather trip report (Apr 19-28)

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Ali & Andrew, May 5, 2014.

1. Ali & Andrew

Ali & Andrew I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 1
    I know it's been a week since our return but I'm finally feeling well enough to write a review.

As Donald mentioned before there were several people suffering the same sort of issues with cough, chills and upper respiratory symptoms. I got hit with it on the 3rd day and Ali got it about 2 days later.

Although it did put a damper on some of the activities I have to say there's no place I'd rather be sick at. We had several friends inquiring about our well being and making sure we were OK. Until you've experienced the community that is TTR you really can't appreciate it.

We finally got to experience a Boobs Cruise and while it wasn't full and probably one of the tamest of the month it was still fun and probably better for me as I felt like crap. I must apologize to anyone on that cruise who thought I wasn't into it but the bug was kicking my ass that day. Many thanks to Steve, Janet, Chinos and Omar for the amazing job they do on these. Chinos got me to laugh many times when I really needed it.

We met many friends, old and new, as usual and even though we were under the weather we had a fantastic time.

It was an interesting trip from the perspective that we got to see a little different side of the place. We partied a lot less into the wee hours and spent more time on the beach than our past trips combined but it allowed us to see that if that's the type of trip you are looking for (or need) it can be found at TTR, and enjoyed.

Many thanks to everyone who made our trip memorable. We'll see many of you at the Stampede BBQ in July here in Calgary I'm sure :)

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  2. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Oh no! You too? We are staying at Pearl next week and are almost afraid to visit Temptation now for a day (were planning to on the 12th) if there is something going around being passed from visitor to visitor. I know there is speculation about the vents but I lean towards good old fashion germs just being passed along with everyone in close proximity partying together.

3. peemoney

peemoney Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i didn't get too many reports of sick guest this past week. and I left yesterday.

4. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    Need to get a CSI team out there. Maybe the Miami team ?

5. Ali & Andrew

Ratings:
    +66 / 1
    I wouldn't mind letting Elizabeth Shue dust me for prints so maybe the Las Vegas office lol

6. Boy & Girl

Boy & Girl Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +202 / 2
    Thank you for the post. I love reading trip reviews.

For those of you afraid of the illness rumors. Yes many have reported there was a bug running around. Most often these get spread between friends based on close proximity. I was there the exact same dates and did not hear of a single person with any problems. I was on the other side of the pool I guess. The only problem I had was a sunburn.

7. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    I know of one person that did not come out for days , so you would not have seen him

Not every one complained ,, just a walk through the buffet in the morning and you could hear a lot of what sounded like smokers cough.

It was hit and miss

8. Deleted member 12579

Deleted member 12579 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know of many people that were sick including Brewster the first 3 to 4 days and me the last 4 to 5 days but we were there for 2 weeks....it was not the food or water or fruit, it was a Cold..plain and simple.. soar throat, cough, some sweating and chills, just like kids in school being passed around. Not a lot that can be done about it. That many people in that size of a place is just an easy target for bugs. we still had an awesome time. .it was just different as said above..;)

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

9. Edward-Alli

Edward-Alli Photofucker Registered Member

Ratings:
    +287 / 7
    So far no reports of sickness this week. I lysoled the whole room when I arrived on April 30..

10. Ali & Andrew

Ratings:
    +66 / 1
    I sure hope the people who got our room after us did the same, with both of us ill it was a war zone of germs :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice