UK - 1st Spring Break info please.

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by John64, Sep 20, 2008.

1. John64

John64 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

This one isn't like that. I looked it up on otbeach.com and when you select the flight it says its with first choice and I think its direct. This is what it says about the depart. and arrival times:

Departs Birmingham (BHX) at 08:00
    Arrives Cancun (CUN) at 15:05
    For £599 per person.

2. John64

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've been lookin around some more and I found another alright lookin deal. The one on otbeach.com was a flight + double room for 2 of us for £1206.58. Just looked on theholidayplace.co.uk an it has a flight + a standard room each for £1269. That's only if i understood it right :D.

3. steveo_85

steveo_85 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hey john sounds about right i booked with the holiday place i think they are decnt in partnership with thomas coook!! i got mine for 2 weeks at the oasis for a couple of pound over £1200 which was the best i could find leaving on the 8th from gatwick :roll:

CANT WAIT

4. Ian

Ian Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its exactly the same flight I told you about mate. Just cos your booking with FirstChoice doesnt mean you fly First Choice. Look below for a quote direct from FirstChoices website for the dates you quoted...

Birmingham
    Cancun (10hrs 30mins) Cancun
    Birmingham
    Return Flights Price Per Adult
    Mon 09 Mar 2009
    Departs: 08:00
    Arrives: 15:05
    Airline: Thomsonfly
    Flight: TOM577 Mon 23 Mar 2009
    Departs: 16:50
    Arrives: 08:00 on Tue
    Flight: TOM578 £461.16
    £96.84 tax
    £558.00 total

Mon 09 Mar 2009
    Departs: 08:00
    Arrives: 15:05
    Flight: TOM577 Mon 23 Mar 2009
    Departs: 16:50
    Arrives: 08:00 on Tue
    Flight: TOM578 £661.16
    £136.84 tax
    £798.00 total
    More details

Total Return Price Per Adult including Tax
    £558.00

.. and it include the stop over in Manchester as they allow two hours for it extra, here's a quote from Thomas Cooks website for a similar flight on the same day but from Manchester.... Check out the flight time departure and arrival difference's.....

Thomas Cook Airlines
    Charter Flight Average per person £545.70
    Total price £545.70
    Print
    Departs Arrives Stops
    Outbound Manchester (MAN) 09-MAR-2009 09:20 Cancun (CUN) 09-MAR-2009 14:20 Direct flight
    Return Cancun (CUN) 23-MAR-2009 16:05 Manchester (MAN) 24-MAR-2009 07:30 Direct flight
    Total Price £545.70

... also look's like OTBeach are trying to stiff you out fifty notes aswell.... :roll: :roll:

Ian :lol: :lol:

[/b]

5. John64

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, just wonderin how many of you guys are goin? And what type of room did you get at the oasis with theholidayplace? Amount of people per room and stuff? Sorry for the interrogation :D I haven't booked mine yet gonna do it in about a month. Is this your 1st time to cancun SB?

6. John64

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yea it does look that way :lol: What do you think I should do? book fight an hotel separate? Whenever I go on the oasis Cancun website it don't let me do anything to find the prices lol.

7. Ian

Ian Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have you tried the link to alpharoom's at the bottom of this page ?

Ian :lol:

8. Ian

Ian Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Book them seperate . I hate giving travel agent's extra cash although using alpharooms then one of those flights comes out about the same ., so personally I'd book the room's now and wait till about a month before your departure dates when the flight prices drop. ( I got them for approx £300 last year :shock: ) A few people on here have used alpharooms before and there ok.

Did your quote include transfers though ?

9. John64

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I haven't used www.alpharoom.com before so I'm just lookin at some quotes now. what do you mean transfers? (sorry if its obvious)

Just wonderin whats the average price at that time of the year at the oasis for two people sharing a two bed room? lol Thanks

10. Ian

Ian Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Transfers = coach from the airport to your hotel then back from the hotel to the airport at the end of your jollies as there is no cab rank to pick you up at Cancun but you can prebook private hire cars to meet you. .

Not sure about average price, alot of people fly from different destinations to Cancun and stay in various grades of hotels so it varies Best thing to do is keep searching, try travel republic aswell although alpha rooms are normally cheaper for the same hotel.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice