Uh Oh! (Tanning)

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by kevinoc81, Feb 16, 2007.

1. kevinoc81

kevinoc81 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am about 3 weeks away, and I went for my first tanning session yesterday.

Low intensity bed, 12 minutes and I got pretty darn red!

I know part of this is because it was my first session, but I don't tan well. Anybody know any tricks, tips, secrets (lotions, etc.) that will help us from the Powder clan get a little color before we go?

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    YES, keep tanning! thats your only chance! Take a day or 2 off, then hit it again, you will have a decent base before you leave!

3. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Remember that episode of Friends when Ross went tanning?

4. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    hahaha that was GREAT!!

" I got a number 10 two times!!! Look at me........." -ross

5. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well I think the obvious would be that the next time you go in you go for 10 mins rather than the 12 mins. And another good thing to get would be a after tan moistuizer. They sell them at the tanning salon. You use them after you tan to prolong it.You can get gels that are for burns as well. They are good to have for tanning.

As for using lotions, if you burned from a low intense bed I wouldn't use them just yet. You can get a step 1 lotion, make sure it isn't a tingle lotion. Trust me they will know what that means. You may wanna get somthing with a bronzer in it as well.. :lol:

6. P H I L A D E L P H

P H I L A D E L P H Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    lotions work good. get one that burns a little bit and go in the tanning bed for less time. you will get the same tan with less dangerous uv exposure.

7. kevinoc81

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  8. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is this what you used when you got burnt?

9. kevinoc81

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No, I used some little packet they sold me at the place. Dark Brown something...

I really only burnt (got red) in places that NEVER get sun unless I'm in a bed. Like waistband, cheeks, upper thighs (you get the picure). Everywhere else is slightly pink, or borderline tan.

10. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    first off anyone who puts you in a bed for 12 mins your first time out does not know what they are doing.

secondly, lay off the lotion the first few times. as dream said get an after tan lotion it wil lprolong it. use an aloe based one or some sort of after sun to take away the redness. DO NOT go again until all the pink is gone as you will burn again even worse, this is what causes the damage.

try covering up sensitive parts, like your face, chest and butt for a bit while in the bed when going your first few times. this will lessen the chance of you burning.

going every other day is a good way to build up your base, but like i said dont go again until the burn is gone

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice