UFC in Cancun

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by matkirk, Aug 1, 2011.

1. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For all you fans of UFC, I went to see a cage fighting event at the Albatros Club (on nichupte) on Saturday. Was a pretty well organised event - 8 fights and a sleazy regueton rapper with dancing girls and corona girls :icon_lol:.

It was mostly local lads fighting, although they did have one guy from the USA down who knocked his opponent out in the first round with a nice bomb.

I mean it was by no means UFC and the lads weren't that great in general, but it was something different to do and fun to see it live, and a couple of the fighters looked quite tasty - would definitley go again.

2. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sounds like a blast! Let us know when they are having another one and we will get a group together to go.

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sounds like a fun time Matt. Please keep me posted next time one comes up.

I will never forget the first "Tough Guy" live match I attended. Many of you were not even born yet. Atlanta, GA in the early 70's. Hell, I wasn't even born then.

4. matkirk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep, will do! They had a giant screen up and cameras so you didn't miss the action when your view was a bit obscured etc. Was pretty good - just need some better fighters really, a few of the guys tapped out way to early.

I was thinking we should do some events at the bullring, bring amateur fighters from UK, USA and Mexico. There was a good number of people there the other night all willing to pay 200 or 250 a ticket. I reckon we could fill the bull ring with tourists and locals easily with the right marketing - anyone up for it?

5. matkirk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I guess someone beat me to it!

Looks like it's going to be a big event at the bull ring at the beginning of September with fighters from around the world.

Should be a good night!

6. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mat: Let me know when you find out more details, such as whom the fighters will be etc. :)

7. LTL

LTL Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I heard about this yesterday as well. Will post if I can find out anything more.

The last fights were a fun time.

8. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  9. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I went yesterday to buy tix but they are not on sale until next week. Matkirk,LTL,Tj you guys wanna all sit together in the vip ringside seats? Let me know and I will buy the tix all together.

10. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Trina.... get 2 for me. Rene's Bday is the 4th. PLEASE!!!!! He'd be so surprised!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice