Uber/other Forms Of Transportation

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Cole&Alexis, Nov 6, 2019.

1. C&Afuncpl

C&Afuncpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +549 / 0
    Was curious if anyone has took uber or lyft from the airport or if it even exists in Cancun. Most likely leaning towards private transportation, but was just wondering? Also getting in this Sunday morning and assuming I can still line up private transportation this late in the game/

2. Gotmilf

Gotmilf Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,097 / 2
    USA Transfers are awesome. In 7 trips never had an issue. Great drivers - with beer on board

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Lyft doesn't exist at all in Cancun.

Uber is on/off due to legal issues down to political lobbying by Taxi drivers. Even when they are running there are virtually zero drivers. They are all scared to work for Uber because Taxi drivers attack them and smash up their vehicles.

Even if Uber is operating, and if by some miracle there is a driver available they aren't allowed to work from the airport, neither are regular Taxi drivers.

Airport Transfer companies need to pay for a concession from the airport. There is only one company allowed to pick up people who haven't pre-booked, and since they have the monopoly their prices are ridiculously expensive.

USA Transfers really is your best bet.

4. C&Afuncpl

C&Afuncpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +549 / 0
    Thanks Steve. I have already setup the private transfer, but did find it kinda weird they didn’t take a credit card to hold. I guess they just want cash when you show up?

5. Deleted member 40096

Deleted member 40096 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    USA Transfers are the only company to use in our opinion. 7 trips and they have always provided a great service. Very clean vans and always well organized.

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    If you prefer to pre-pay you can email them back from your confirmation voucher, and they'll send you a link. Then they will send you a new voucher showing zero balance.

If not, when you arrive they can take a credit card or cash.

7. Joe&Heidi

Joe&Heidi Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +324 / 6
    Cash when you show up. They'll also take CC. And the $55 is roundtrip. You'll pay that all on the trip from the airport. Then when you return to airport, you'll owe nothing. Most of the driver's sell Corona 2 / $5

8. DannKathy

DannKathy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +285 / 2
    I hardly trust Uber in the states, NO WAY in Mexico. Just from conversations with drivers, Lyft does better at vetting their drivers than Uber, but I wouldn't use Lyft there either. And we're not 1 bit shy about using taxis, busses or the aforementioned USA Transfers.

9. aggiemike

aggiemike Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0
    We have only used USA for the last 10 years and never had anything but excellent service.

Word gets around! While waiting at front door for 15 min. before our return trip on Tuesday, I noted only USA Transfer making pickups and deliveries. Must have been over a dozen vans one after another. All USA!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice