Ty Coz

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Mojito, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Mojito

Mojito Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anyone know of specific directions to Ty Coz restaurant? If I were taking the R-2 from Royal Solaris, where would I get off?? Is the food as good as they say? Do you know it they deliver? Thanks!

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    "Restaurant" is pretty generous for the hotel zone location, it's basically a walk up window that serves fantastic sandwiches. They are located in a small plaza kind of across from El Presidente. There is a location downtown that is a restaurant with tables and chairs, located behind the Commerical Mexicana, across from the bus station. They don't deliver unfortunately, but you could stock up on a few sandwiches and bring them back with you.

We always get the "economica", ham and cheese on a great baguette for 12 pesos. YUM

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am with Cancuck on this one. The Presidente is about 1/2 past Plaza Caracol if coming from your hotel. There are no seats and you order through a walk up window. You can sit on some steps if you want to eat there and would not be alone usually. From your hotel you can take any bus, not just the R-2

I love the Economica, again $12 pesos, or about $1.10 US. My ex g/f always liked the $48 peso (or maybe 45) Italiano, which is loaded and very worth the price. Way too much for her so I usually ended up getting half.

The downtown location, more specifically, is behind the Comercial Mexicana grocery, which is just past the first traffic circle on Tulum, basically across from the bus terminal. They have inside tables although you order from a counter which is also inside. Just walk between the grocery and McDonalds, and it is on the right end of the row of stores you will see. YOU TAKE THE R-1 BUS TO GET HERE. After the bus makes its only turn, a right onto Av. Tulum, there are like 3 stops, then the circle and then the stop in front of Com Mex.

4. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The one downtown gets busy, busy, busy in the afternoon, especially with take out orders.

Yummy, though.

5. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tycoz have 2 new locations, one at the gas station near Diuni (before Residencial Campestre) and one more at Quintana Roo Av.

At the HZ if you call and place your order it will be ready for pivk up 20 minutes later, my favorite is the vegetarian baguette.

6. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ana,

I have stopped many times at the one next to the Pemex on the way to the airport on Tulum Sur / Luis D. Colosio. Coming from the airport is a bit of a chore because you have to go out of the way because of the divided highway.

The ladies working here are very friendly and the service is very good.

This location is also "para llavar" only.

7. Mojito

Mojito Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks!

Thanks for all the feedback. We have a studio condo near Royal Solaris. We're new to the area.... I am leaving for Cancun on Thursday a.m. and can't wait to give it a try. I will most likely try the HZ location!! Thanks again!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice