two weeks to go and counting......

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Harpers, May 21, 2008.

1. Harpers

Harpers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ...... well to be precise 2 weeks and 5.5 hours until I touch down on Mexico soil, in fact at this present moment in time, 2 weeks hence I would be over the Atlantic sipping my 10th Gin having watched Harry Potter on the plane and whinging about having no leg room and gagging for a fag (no not a homosexual, a ciggy!!!)

Just have a couple more banal questions:

1) I heard a rumour that Tempatation has proper Tonic for Gin (or Vodka if u are Pauline out of Eastenders lol), is this true or do I need to bring a little stock from Blightly with me?

2) Is Friday night at Dady Rock still cheesy eighties music

3) What is the price of cigarrattes in Mexico? Trying to decide whether it is cheaper buying duty free or getting them out there.

4) is ther an email address for TTR just so I can email them before I leave and beg them for a a room with an ocean view and somewhere where my hangover won't be disturbed at 7am lol!

God can't wait, u just know the next 2 weeks at work is going to go soooo slowly! :evil:

Laters

Harp

2. sisro143

sisro143 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had the same questions about cigs too! I think I might just buy here, just to be on the safe side. I am leaving in two weeks and 1 day. I'll see you at the sexy pool on the 5th!

3. missycat

missycat Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cigs were 4500 peso or $4.50 usd.

4. herodotus

herodotus Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I asked about cigs in a seperate thread. I believe it is on p. 2 now. A few people posted with good suggestions. My guess is if you are coming from the UK (which I asume you are), cigs will deff. be cheaper in Mexico. Someone suggested getting them duty free in the airport on the way in, which might be a good idea.

5. Harpers

Harpers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cheers well that answers the cig question :D
    Sisro I will be unmistaken by the pool, asleep, well i would have been drinking for 30 odd hours (it is a 13 hour flight and 3 hour check in lol) and also be sitting next to a pasty english bloke with a bright pink forehead :cool:

Look forward to seeing u there and maybe share a british tab, sorry fag, no sorry cigarette lol!

6. sisro143

sisro143 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'll keep a look out for you. As you can see from the pic, I'll be next to the one in the black-rimmed glasses, most likely with a cig in one hand and a fruity concoction in the other. Our flight is not nearly as long but we do have a 3 hour layover in Dallas, so the party will be kicking off there!

See you in exactly two weeks...

7. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Don't know if it's the same for UK smokes, but I find Canadian smokes are much different in Cancun.

I buy a carton at the duty free before leaving. A little more expensive than Cancun, but not much.

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,197 / 14
    Cigs are 25 pesos ($2.50) in the stores downtown, hotel zone prices are inflated. Cartons are about $22 at Walmart and are actually cheaper than in the airport duty free.

9. Theoriginalparrotthead

Theoriginalparrotthead I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    There was a killer deal on smokes at the duty free shops in the Cancun airport last week. 5 cartons for 90 bucks. I dont know how many you can legally bring home, but at 1.90 a pack its a Smokin' Deal. Pardon the pun....

10. mas4fun uk

mas4fun uk Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    birmingham airport last year 400 fags 54 pounds but on the plane they was cheper but forget how much you will get email from this link www.temptationresorts.com we get there 9th june

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice