Two Single Ladies In February

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Emma Rose, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Emma Rose

Emma Rose Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Hi!
    I've never been to Temptations and my best friend has never been to a resort- ever! We have booked Jan 31-Feb 7th and are super excited!

Wanted to ask a couple questions...

Looks like people who regularly book these trips book the resort and their flights separately? We booked an "all inclusive" type package that includes the resort and flights and shuttle. We just booked the basic room as we are on a budget but now I'm feeling like I'm an idiot who should have booked through a referral or something.
    We paid about $2500 USD all in for a week.
    We are coming from Canada though so it was actually in Canadian dollars... I did the exchange rate math tho.

I mean... it's done now so whatever, but I wish we had VIP perks.

Are there specific singles events or networking ever? I'm a littttttle afraid we are going to feel a bit weird with all the couples. I know single women generally aren't excluded from much but it's still a concern.

Any other awesome tips for us? I'm totally reading through the forums and doing my homework too! It'll be my first time to mexico (but I do travel a fair bit). We both speak French and English but have pretty much zero Spanish.

2. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    A beautiful woman's smile speaks volumes in any language. :)

Don't worry.... you won't be excluded or on the sidelines for very long at TTR.

Super friendly spot and everyone talks to everyone. So head to the bar and get ready to make new friends for life.

Also start saving for your next visit as it's super addicting.

OK, $2,500 for 2 for flights, room and shuttle is not a bad price... yeah someone can find it cheaper and someone will also pay more. What's done is done, forget about it and just get ready to enjoy.

The cheapest room means nothing as you won't spend much time there.. it's basically a shower and changing room and a place to pass out every now and then. :)

As for VIP perks... don't worry about that either, be nice to those with black bands and anything you might want can be yours.. again for that beautiful smile.

And you don't really need Spanish your first time out... OK, learning please and thank-you is a great start, but beyond that at the resort, Spanish is not really needed.

Go and enjoy, I'm jealous because I have to wait till May. :)

Jamie

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. totalvoyeur&exhibitionist

totalvoyeur&exhibitionist Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +185 / 0
    Have a great time, can't wait to hear about your trip. Be sure to take and post some pictures.

4. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Hey Canada! We're from Vancouver.

I did 4 trips to the resort as a single girl, AND I ended up meeting my husband as an (indirect) result. #majorbonus

Here's my tips for a fun and safe trip as a single girl:

Post actively here on the February Roll Call to get to know some of the people that will be at the resort at the same time as you. This ensures you have an instant group of friends at the resort, and people who will watch out for you.

Don't wander around at night by yourself. Stick together. I've always felt safe, but it only takes one creepy dude to cause problems. Stay off the beach at night. There's no reason for you to go down there at night. Don't leave your single-girl smarts at home.

Absolutely do at least some of the theme nights for the resort, or better yet, those of the February group on here, if they differ. Being in costume is a great ice-breaker, and identifies you as part of the February group (assuming they have their own themes), so people will come up and ask your Cancuncare name.

Read lots of posts on here to know what to expect and what things you should be sure to bring (like a refillable mug for the pool).

Have fun!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Brazilian_Couple

Brazilian_Couple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0
    My girlfriend and I are also going there for the first time 1/27 to 2/2My girlfriend is actually experiencing some anxiety since her English is pretty basic and she is shine. I don’t know if we’re going to have the opportunity to meet you personally but I guarantee that she will fell better after seeing your post. So thank you and have an amazing time there

6. tease

tease Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 2
    ^^ sexy cpl

wouldnt worry about vip perks been 6 times without and dont feel we missed anything to me it wouldnt have been worth the extra $$,
    As far as language goes i wouldnt worry about that much i would have liked to learn more but got along just fine with knowing how to be polite and beer..

(.Y.)

7. TheSwirlers

TheSwirlers Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0
    My wife I made our first visit last year. I don’t have any single-lady advice, except to say that people are very friendly and making friends is easy.

- We had no VIP perks and didn’t miss them - one time a real fun woman who had a black wrist band (the VIP band) ordered us premium shots at the pool bar - the bartender was super fast to serve her, but that may have been because she was rather attractive and very popular!

- If you’re drinkers, I suggest buying booze at the airport for your room - we bought Grey Goose and Don Julio at the airport and were happy to have them in the room

- We skipped the sales pitch entirety, and were very happy we did. After checking in at the main counter, they directed us to turn around and go to the sales associates standing at a table behind us. I remember a tall woman by the table motioning to us to come over. But we didn’t go, we just waved, made sure we had our room keys and then walked away. The tall woman was really pissed, but she didn’t chase us. We ended up having to find our own rooms, but it wasn’t too hard, we just got away from the entrance area and asked someone for directions. We never heard from anyone again about the sales pitch for the rest of the trip. I actually forgot about it until I read it on here

- I took some suction cup hooks to hang stuff in the bathroom and was super happy I had them - there is almost nowhere to hang wet towels and suits

Have fun!!!

8. SammyM

SammyM Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    After reading your post I felt complied to answer because last spring was our first time to Temptations so my wife and I weren't sure what to expect despite the research we did beforehand. The amazing thing about Temptations is that it will be exactly what you want it to be. That was our opinion while we were there and when we returned to the states. It all depends what type of vacation you and your friend are looking for, and I can assure you you won't be disappointed. My wife and I have travelled extensively around the world and have visited many wonderful places, but nothing has the vibe that Temptations puts out.

First things first. Carry with you an open mind because the people you will meet here are very similar in their opinions and attitudes about a resort like this. Most of us are seeking a fun and party-like atmosphere, and not a boring place like some of the resorts on the Riviera Maya where everything shuts down after 9:00 p.m. The people we met were some of the nicest, friendliest individuals we have ever encountered on vacation. Don't wait for others to talk to you, but try to reach out to others when the opportunities present themselves and you'll find you'll have much in common with just not the other single people here, but with other couples, too. Be sure to include yourself in the activities during the day by the pool (at least the ones your are comfortable with) and you'll have a great time. The sexy pool's foam party was outstanding (though I didn't know where I was as I stumbled about lost in all the foam!). The theme parties at night are also great fun and we especially liked Super Heroes night. Some are better than others, but all of them are worth a try. Although my wife wouldn't do the Boobs Cruise, we watched from the pier and those people on board were absolutely having a blast so you may wish to consider that.

If something extends beyond your comfort level, a nice smile and a "thank you, but no thanks" reply is all that's necessary. We were actually 'smitten' when a lovely couple from the U.K. approached us and asked if we were into the lifestyle. For us it was a nice compliment that others found us attractive enough to show interest (though were both in great shape for our age). We politely declined, but made friends with them nonetheless and spent time with them poolside the remainder of the week. Also, the playmakers here are fantastic so it's nice to get to know them and talk to them. They really keep things hopping, and you'll find the staff overall is outstanding. Not sure what else I can say other than you'll have a wonderful time, and like us want to go back again in the future.

9. MickandPaula

MickandPaula Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Hi,
    Wife and I arriving 2nd feb from UK. We too have never been before and very much looking forward to meeting new friends and having a great time.

10. cnparda

cnparda Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,247 / 1
    The resort has a singles lunch and a few events now, at least they did in November.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice