TV, Desk, DS for sale

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by coby, Apr 6, 2010.

1. coby

coby Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Laura and I are heading back to the States soon, and as such, have a bunch of stuff here that...I have no idea what to do with.

We really only have 3 things of any 'value' to get rid of, but I figured I'd see if anyone is interested here. We are unable to deliver anything, so you'd have to pick it up, and we are out of town this Thurs-Tues and leaving on the 15th.

Everything was bought brand new here in Playa within the last year.

19" Emerson TV w/ remote (not flat panel)
    Small desk w/ lamp and chair (chair is useless except for a child maybe.)
    Nintendo DS w/ 4 games

Ideally, I'd like to offload this stuff all at once. I'd take $1800 MXP for the lot. However, if any single piece is something you'd like, then throw me an offer. Anything is better than just sitting this stuff out on the curb!

Also, we have things like a blender, iron, etc. that are free for the taking if you pick anything up above.

I'll get around to posting a picture in a little bit if there is any interest.

Edit: Pictures
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What DS games do you have? Sucks we didn't have this talk last week!!!! Also, how much for the iron? I'd be willing to make the trip back down.

3. coby

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Iron is yours if you want it.

As for the games...good question, I had to go check!
    -Bookworm
    -Little League World Series 2009
    -Ghostbusters
    -Amazing Adventures: The Forgotten Ruins

4. Epic

Epic Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    any chance you got a bike that needs a new home??

5. coby

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hehe, no bike, sorry :)

6. coby

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sale Revised!!

Okie dokie, so no takers yet, which means only one thing....price drop!!

For a mere $500 MXP, the TV and Desk can be yours, including the terribly uncomfortable fold-up chair that came with the desk, that would make any non-8 year old butt hurt. Desktop bendy-lamp still included.

If no one is interested by the time I get back on Tuesday, then the price will drop again to...free: first come, first serve.

I'm really serious when I say this stuff is just going to be put on the curb if no one wants it, which is pretty much a travesty :D

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Coby - I don't need your stuff but do want to finally meet you before you go. Hope that works out. If not, I'll see you stateside sometime. And do send photos of your house, very curious about that.

9. coby

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are leaving for the foreseeable future, Steve. Not out of bad experience (although I had some problems with my work here), but because of good opportunity back in the States. Our plan was to be here for 2-3 years and reevaluate, but a perfect storm of things unraveled since late December, and I stumbled into a good deal when I wasn't even looking.

We also found out we are going to be parents! That affected the decision, although the business op. was the primary mover. There are a lot of things I really like here, and some I hate, but I'm still interested in property here and imagine that we'll be back fairly frequently, if not permanently sometime down the road.

And RG, I know, damn. This last weekend was when I had originally envisioned to come up...and then I found myself all kinds of sick, as you know. We'll be in Akumal from tomorrow through Monday, and then I jet on the 17th. I might come up on the 16th though, and stay at a hotel in centro since it's actually closer to the airport. I'll email ya some pics of the house!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  10. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Congratulations on your upcoming life changes and best of luck! I've only gotten to "know" you a bit through your posts on here and what you'd written on your blog, but had I still lived in the area, I would have loved to meet you! Unfortunate for the expat community that you're moving on, but based on what I've seen of you online, I'm sure that you end up being an asset to any community you become a part of.

And yeah, good luck getting rid of that chair.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice