Tucancun **** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. sweetangel

sweetangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just got back on Monday!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that we just got back from our trip on Monday. EVERYTHING IS FINE AT THE HOTEL!!!! There is no reason for anyone to be moved from the hotel. All restaruants, bars, pools, stores, etc in the hotel are open. While we were there they finished off those things. As to be expected they are still putting the finishing touches on things. If we had any problems all we had to do is let the front desk know and they took care of it right away. If you want to stay at the hotel make sure that you let your Travel rep know that is what you want. We had to sign a waver saying that is wasn't the travel places fault if we had a bad time. We had a blast. Say hello to Angel when you are there he is really nice and so is pokemon. Will have pics later today will post some for you. Enjoy your trip!!!!

2. jperkin1

jperkin1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks sweetangel!! We are so excited :D

3. sweetangel

sweetangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  4. sheriandbob

sheriandbob Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Those are some GREAT pics..thanks so much!

5. spradioman

spradioman Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just got back and am still trying to adapt. I will post pictures and trip report later.

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Barcelo Tucancun is open and ok. Not all of the rooms are available yet but many are as you can tell from sweetangel. The hotel tried to transfer us to Maya which we definately did not want so we decided to stay. After asking several resort employees we found out at the end of our stay that the reason for the attempt to transfer people is that the Tucancun is about 30-40 percent full due to some unfinished rooms and that the Maya is even LESS than that. When I asked "is it because of the deaths at Maya"....the response was yes. They are trying to fill rooms down south. As stated above contact your travel rep and confirm your stay at Tucancun if that is what you wish to do.

ps.. our trip was wonderful!! Great hotel and wonderful staff!!
    pss... hi sweetangel I remember seeing you there.

spradioman

6. sweetangel

sweetangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome home.

I am glad that you had a good time as well spradioman. I think it was worth it. Not long enough though. Wish I could have stayed longer. When did you get back? Can't wait to see your pictures!

7. berries

berries Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Spradioman:

Is the hotel forcing people to stay at the Maya or are the simply asking and you can refuse or decide to stay?

I have no Desire to stay at the Maya...and in the past I have found that my travel agent really has no say or pull in what happens once you get to the hotel..

Thanks..and look forward to seeing your pics :D

8. spradioman

spradioman Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well it sorta went down like this. In our group of 9 I was the only one who booked through the internet. The rest or my friends booked through a travel agent. On our way to the airport I get word from their travel agent that there was flooding and that the rest of the group would be moved to sister hotel in Maya. After frantically calling my booking agency...who was like what??? They said they would call back in the morning. Then I called Barcelo (800-barcelo). They were like what flooding?? They tried to call the hotel with no answer. Eventually after some strong words, they said go to your hotel as normal and decide from there. When we arrived at our hotel the front desk really tried to persuade us to go to Maya. We said we wanted to visit with our friends first. (they arrived well before us). They had decided to stay and were already in the pool having fun. So we stayed after writing on blank paper that we would stay and not be unhappy. I kept asking everyone about the flooding and nobody knew what I was talking about. It wasn't until the last day that I was visiting with staff members that they told me about the lack of bookings at Maya.

Berries, with that being said, go down as usual and if they ask you to switch to their sister hotel as an upgrade to nicer hotel say "no". Some travel agents are getting word that there are problems with the hotel not being up to standards asking guests if they want to be upgraded. I only say tell your travel agent because they may come to you asking if you want to switch.

ps. stayed at Barcelo Maya last year and it's my opinion the Tucancun blew the Maya away!!

9. berries

berries Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    k..thanks for the information..and I have no intention on staying at the Maya so if asked we'll just refuse and sign a paper (if that's what it takes).

I think tomorrow morning I'll call the travel agent just to confirm that we want to stay at the Tucancun and not the sister hotel....thank god I'm pretty layed back or I'd probably be a little worried about the whole situation..I know some of the girls in my group are..

It's a vacation..so I'll make the most of it no matter what :D

Thanks again..

10. jperkin1

jperkin1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for all the info spradioman. Was anxious to hear how things went for your group when you returned. Good to know not to take an upgrade if asked. How was the food, how bout the drinks (weak'ish, or strong)?? Did you do anything ridiculously fun that shouldn't be missed?? Is the beach pretty nice? Sorry for all the questions! Inquiring minds need to know :D

Thanks again for posting. We're all really looking forward to it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice