Tucancun **** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. spradioman

spradioman Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In hopes of stirring up conversation about the Barcelo I will ask if there are a section of rooms at this resort that you DON"T want to stay in?

Anything you did at the resort that was memorable that you would recommend?

Signed,

Group of nine turning Cancun on it's head April 26th - May 3rd.

2. tanbunz

tanbunz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Any body been to this hotel lately - after hurricane?

We are thinking about booking this vacation - April 25 to May 2 or April 22 to April 29; either way, does anyone know what the conditions are like? Are the beaches still there? Any info would be appreciated :)

We have stayed in this area a few years ago (Carribean Village) so I think I know right where this is - - just extremely worried about the conditions......too cheap to believe it is good.

Thanks
    Cancun or Bust!

3. spradioman

spradioman Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was extremely worried myself when we booked and have done a ton a reading on the conditions and now feel very comfortable. I have emailed Barcelo several times and they have assured me that things will be A'ok.

From what I understand the resort will be doing some major renovating...mainly updating some so-so things from before. So when finished the resort should be better than pre Wilma. :D

Also, they should be fixing the beach in front of the Barcelo this week. I have been waiting for updates and I will post when finished. Plenty early before the end of April. :cool:

4. tanbunz

tanbunz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info - do you have the e-mail address for the Barcelo? I would like to contact them myself. Have you been there before? We were just making sure the swim up bar wasn't destroyed (ha ha)

I think the price is unbelievable - $1685 for 2 people from Chicago.

Thanks again....

5. 3stooges

3stooges Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    75th Anniversary

We booked with the 75% off anniversary sale. Incredible deal. :D

6. JustLivinLife

JustLivinLife Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have booked here for 1 week in June. This will be my husband & I's 2nd trip, the first for our 3 kids. We also booked thru the 75th anniversary special pricing, and got an unbelievably awesome deal. The previous trip reports seem like any other hotel. Plenty of great reports, and plenty of bad, crabby reports. With what we paid, the food can't be bad enough for me to feel like we got a bad deal.

Those of you going in April, May, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE post updates on the hotel w/pics if you can. Also, if anyone has a way to contact the hotel direct, I would be forever greatful. We had to book 2 rooms, and I want to be sure to request double beds in both rooms, as well as adjacent rooms!

7. tanbunz

tanbunz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    WE BOOKED!!
    Well, after a lot of wondering and worrying, we decided what the H. We will see you all at the swim up bar - April 25 to May 3rd.

I have my floaty ready!

Bring on the good times....

8. mexicanwave

mexicanwave Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  9. spradioman

spradioman Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good for you tanbunz!!

We'll be there during the same time. Should be a great time. Dos Equis here I come!!

10. tanbunz

tanbunz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Looking forward to it - ended up through Apple Vacations - unbelievable deal, so couldn't go wrong.....had to wait for after April 15 (work for accounting firm) so we will be ready to Rock.

Did you ever get a reply on good and/or bad room numbers? That is always good info to have.

Thanks again -

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice