Ttr vs desire vs hedo

Discussion in 'Desire Resort' started by Andrea&Mario28, May 19, 2014.

1. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    To answer the OP concisely.
    We have stayed at all 3 properties. (Hedo 3 times,sevral more times on day passes, TTR 18 times and Desire RM 1)

We were Hedo peeps until we tried TTR. Have never been back to Hedo since. Have been back to Jamaica (still luv Jamaica but Ja is not really luving us back anymore) just not Hedo.
    We didn't stop goin intentionally, just realized all of Hedos shortfalls and warts after we checked into TTR our first time.

So in a nutshell. . .Hedo is very overpriced just to get naked with some over ripe citizens and watch open sex.
    That is pretty much Hedo's speciality.

Food is bad, rooms terrible, entertainment lame and crowd can be very divisive. Been this way for years, guess it is not gonna ever change.

There is a bit of a zoo/compound feel to the place, as the property is bordered with chain fences all the way to the water. You have to sign in and out just to go walk the gorgeous 7 mile beach.
    Insert lyrics from HelIx's 'Animal House' or 'The Zoo' by the Scorpions here. Both songs are appropo cuz they could've been written about Hedo.

Even the beach is poor.
    It is at the wrong end of Negril's awesome beach.

Although we don't know you, judging your history of TTR and Desire, and assuming you are fans, I would suggest you may regret a trip to Hedo.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  2. breezesfan

breezesfan Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Same as us !!!! Once at TTR, never back to Hedo. The ultimate was the Hedo III/Breezes Runaway Bay setup. Thats long gone, however. I do kinda miss the body searches by those Jamaican security women at MBJ airport. That activity would have prompted 10000 lawsuits in the US. This was not a "pat down", these gals got very close and personal !!!

Sorry to say it, but Jamaica's terrible reputation for drugs (not just Ganja) has played a role in our decision also. Most of our friends would never set foot there, based solely on what they have heard!!! Very sad state of affairs!

There was also a piano bar singer named Deion, I think. He got a music scholarship to Red China.

The really funny and friendly guy was the Breezes Grand Piano player named Ike !!! He loved to tell about a wealthy patron paying him to sing at his daughters wedding in Chattanooga, TN. His adventures in getting from the Atlanta Airport to Chattanooga would make a great song !!! He made the mistake of renting a car and got lost on I-285, kinda like the Braves pitcher Paschal Perez, 25+ years old.

Very amusing also was the fact that lots of American women come to Jamaica to have sex for $$$ with a "Rent A Rasta". Jamaica men have a tendency to assume ALL "unaccompanied" American women are out for that!!! LOL.

3. SNHcouple

SNHcouple Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    old, dirty, sporadic hot h20, poor roach control, average at best food.. this was two yrs ago, doubt it changed. if you do go take the small private plane and youre there in no time, take van back at end of trip

4. breezesfan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A recent Hedo trip report mentioned the fact the their room was completely out of water for 2 days, but no "big deal". I think that would be a big deal.

Totally agree about the flight to the resort. There are actually two companies:

Timair and International Air Link. International actually scheduled flights to Negril. The Negril Aerodrome is not IFR, so bad weather may have an effect.

5. Escalade

Escalade Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Agreed on HIII, man they closed the wrong resort, but what I hear is that the new resort is off the chain.

6. breezesfan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    YEP !!! Hedo III was the best, did not have a great beach, BUT, it was only 1/2 mile or so from Breezes Runaway bay. Guests at BRB could visit HIII for free. They even had a shuttle between them. BRB had the best beach on the North Coast. Also, Solved the problem of what to tell your relatives. You were staying at Breezes, not Hedo!!! Hedo III did have a younger crowd than Hedo II, kinda like TTR in that respect.

7. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    Yes H3 was a better resort amenities wise. And had a younger clientelle
    But the crowd seemed to be very ego centric and uptight.
    Not nearly as laid back as H2
    'Selfies' were in vogue there, 10 yrs b4 they became part of mainstream society lexicon.
    H3 seemd to be all about being a shag master.

Mid stroke, check in the mirror, fix your hair, point & focus, pose for the camera. . . .finish stroke.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    New resort?

9. Andrea&Mario28

Andrea&Mario28 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +349 / 3
    just an update we are still booked to jamaica, have read many reviews many great, good, bad, worst, and way worst, At this point we ca'nt change since it's more expensive to change the reservation

and about alpharooms.com the reservation are welcome however you must have a UK passport so they can honor that low rate, if you carry a US passport they will charge the rack rate upon check in which is $700 more. Thank you for the info Breezes.

We are going during a take over week. so im hoping i get our money's worth.

Thank you for all the feed back an we promise TR on the return.

10. breezesfan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I do recall there was a catch with using Alpharooms. I do know lots of folks on other forums did complain a lot about Hedos policy. We were always told that all resorts in Jamaica did the same. If you got a great deal, then the $700 extra isn't that bad.

Sorry about all of the negatives about Hedo, for years my wife and really, really liked going there either for a 5-6 day stay or a day pass from Breezes Grand.

We took a trip down to Margaritaville, from Hedo, for a "Cheese burger in Paradise" with another couple, We took a left and started walking and then ALL HELL broke loose. A Group of drug dealers and the beach police got into a fight and we were in the middle.

We kept walking towards South Negril and to be honest it was 7 drug dealers in 10 minutes.

It was heroin, crack, coke, etc. The woman in the other couple got so afraid that she didn't want to walk back and endure the same thing, so she just got into the water and walked the entire way !!. Its really a "catch 22", Yeah, sure you are going to defend your wife from these guys, but with all of the corruption in Negril, you could easily wind up in Jail. Negril couldn't even complete a sidewalk project, the payola is so bad.

The ideal solution would be to carry anything with "9mm" in its product description, but thats wishful thinking.

Then, we had to fight a new group of drug dealers, beggars and hustlers to get back to Buffets places. The gals were really shook up about the whole and I'm afraid it has totally warped my wife's view of Jamaica. It didn't help that she reported all of this on Trip Advisor and was told everything was "HER" fault. So much for "compensated endorsers".

If you want my wife's opinion of Jamaica and unfortuately Hedo , just Google "876", Jamaica's area code.

"MY" biggest reason for not returning, is my Doctor and Cardo keep telling me what A "complete and total Idiot" I was for going to a resort with NO HOSPITAL for 10 miles".
    One of my Cardo's patients had a mini stroke in Negril years ago, if he was able to get to a hospital, the results would have been much much better.

My doctor also told that to my daughters, so.......... If I were to die, who would pay their car insurance , cell phone, etc???

Surely ,check out Joe Cool Taxi, he was the BEST !!!! if Joe suggests an off resort excursion, I would go!!! Dennyp.com has lots of great info, also.

Excuse all of the GAB, brings back a lot of memories!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice