TTR TR May 2013 (sorta long)

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by gottaski, May 26, 2013.

1. gottaski

gottaski Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    Lucky trip #7!!! This was going to be a slightly short trip of six nights as my girlfriend, Kelly, didn't have more vacation days. Hey, it's still way better than not going!! I think 8-10 nights is ideal. 6 is too short, 14 is just too long.

With meeting so many people I am purposefully leaving out names. No way in hell I can remember who all I saw when, and I am horrible with names. This also protects the guilty, and the innocent! :daveandmo:

We left Vegas on a 6am flight Tue May 15. my girlfriend works 8pm-4am so this worked out well, save for the fact neither one of us can really sleep on planes. The shortish flight to DIA, short layover, and flight to CUN were all thankfully uneventful, and we even arrived a bit early!

Barely a line a customs, bags came out fairly fast, and we both got the Green light! As always, USA Transfers was there and we made to TTR in under an hour from touchdown!! Check in was easy, although I again filled out the “Express Check In” info online, but it wasn’t used. Annoying, again!

The front desk girl said I should go meet with someone to hear about the resort and my bags would be sent to the room. So went straight to the porters and we headed to the room, 5231. Wasn't thrilled with being street-side, but the Cigar Bar buffered the street noise. Being on the third floor gets a little bit tiring, though.

We broke in the room properly, then I showed Kelly around the resort. She was very excited! The resort is still well maintained and everything seemed to work properly. We hopped into the Sexy Pool and starting saying hi to everyone. It was great reconnecting with old friends and meeting new ones!!! :daveandmo:

The days all kinda blur together, but followed a similar pattern. We would go to bed between 3-6am, up around 2pm, Sexy Pool, food, maybe a nap, Nice Shoes, and always ending the night at Paty'O. We missed some of the nights in Nice Shoes from napping and other, uh, activities. :aktion031:

Our trip highlights were the Boobs Cruise, Swimming with Dolphins, another Boobs Cruise, late nights at Paty'O, my most awesome pole dance win, and the Sensual Massage!! On our second full day, Thursday, was the Boobs Cruise!

There were only 35-40 people, but that made getting around the boat a little easier. We were super lucky Chinos was back!! Omar was missed, but Daddy O did a pretty good job. Kelly has never gone topless, but Chinos was able to coax her top after an hour or so! We were a party crew, so we skipped snorkeling and kept drinking!

The lunch was good and games even better! It was fun hanging out with Jannet and several others at the bar in downtown Isla Mujeres. Worst part of my trip (other than leaving!!) was jumping into the ocean for the skinny dip with a new to me GoPro.

I was wearing the elastic band head mount and the camera slid down and took a chunk out of my nose when I hit the water. Throwing the salt water on it stopped the bleeding after a few minutes. When I got back on the boat, I told Kelly if that's the worse that happens, it will be a great trip!! It was and we had an amazing trip!!

Late that night at Paty'O Kelly said she wanted to the Boobs Cruise again, but the next one was scheduled for Wednesday, and were to leave on Tuesday. We discussed extending our stay, and decided to talk about it in the morning when we were a bit more sober.

Soooooooo, after we got up I spent the next 1.5 hours working out the details of extending our stay, doing the deposit for the Wed Boobs Cruise, and changing our flights! We hoped to stay four more nights, but could only do three. 10 days, 9 nights works though!! :headbanger:

We ate at all the restaurants and were mostly satisfied. Presentation was still nice but food quality seemed to slip a bit. Many meat items were terribly overcooked. Shrimp off the grill in the Embarcadero was again a highlight. I am still not thrilled with the limited menu items in the Asian and Italian. Seafood and Margarita’s had a better selection. The service was faster this year and the staff was great as always.

Can't say much about the daytime entertainment, as we missed most of it, but there were a couple epic rounds of Tequila Jenga! The night entertainment was pretty good. Sarah, Paloma, Jose, and Nate do try hard. I still miss the days of Lalo, Omar, and of course Chinos.

Most theme nights had strong participation, but a couple nights were a bust. I looked great for both lingerie nights! And even won the lingerie show on our final night with a great pole dance!!! Seems I was channeling some things I’ve seen on stage in Vegas. :angel2:

The mixture of entertainment was pretty good and the DJs were MUCH improved over last year. Last year the Djs too much electronic dance music for many people's taste. This year much better mix for the masses.

We only left the resort to do the dolphin swim and Coco Bongos (and the two boobs cruises). Dolphin Discovery on Isla Mujeres was an awesome experience!! Check out https://www.facebook.com/vegaserik for great pics of us!! Check that off the Bucket List!

Kelly loved Coco Bongo, and we got pretty decent service this year, but I was tipping well. My FaceBook page has lots of pics of Coco Bongo, too.

We were hesitant to do the Sensual Massage, as some of the stories were beyond comfort levels. We decided to go ahead with it and were not disappointed!! Best, Massage, EVER! I won't go into details here, but please PM if you want further info.

The Good:
    Overall the resort was well manicured and looked up to date. Paty’O is still the best thing TTR has done in recent years.
    The staff and especially bartenders are just awesome. Always attentive and great attitudes.
    And by far the best part is you people!!!!!!!! By far the best bunch or vacationers anywhere!:lotsofmichaelfs:

Needs work:
    Nice Shoes. Same damn hot temperature! And they really should have lower seating in front.

Overall:
    Management and staff are doing a good job. The resort seems to be on the right path, and I can’t wait to get back!!!!

Please feel free to email any pics you have of us to vegaserik@live.com, or post them on FB and feel free to tag us!

Until next year!!

2. BostonMel

BostonMel I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +506 / 2
    Glad you guys had a blast. Love that you could extend the trip out.

3. gregnkeyshya

gregnkeyshya Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You have nonidea how glad we were to have met yall and spend time. Great couple and people in general. Glad you got extended and had a good trip!!

4. johnc

johnc Administrator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Great to meet up with you again, and glad the injuries were not repeated on the extended stay :)

5. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    Great Trip Report!!! :icon_biggrin: It was also Great meeting U both!! :icon_mrgreen:

6. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
  7. regdog

regdog Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Awesome TR....Thnaks for sharing!!...I like your pics on facebook

8. kristinanddoug

kristinanddoug Cancun Party Expert Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Great trip report, good detail, thanks for sharing, sounds like you had a great time!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice