TTR repeater to a Oasis Sens attempt

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Sens' started by bearhug, Apr 26, 2016.

1. JimCarrie

JimCarrie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Since most everyone agrees its the people that make the party, not the property, "feelin' perty durn certain" that This Halloween at Sens will be memorable. Hopefully so and we can remember it as the "Sens-Halloween-Insteada'-TTR... Or "S.H.I.TTR", for short...
    OK, who's comin'with us to the SHITTR?!?

2. NJB425

NJB425 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +221 / 0
    Hopefully they dont overbook.

Sorry folks, SHITTR is full

3. CinciCouple

CinciCouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    As Temptation nears it final days before renovation we have read that many of our Temptation friends are planning on going to the Grand Oasis Sens as a temporary replacement. Well after making the mistake of trying it for a week this August all we can say is BEWARE. This place is nothing like Temptation when it comes to service, friendliness, cleanliness and atmosphere.
    We have been going to Temptation for the last 13 years: back to the days of "Blue Bay Getaway" with Mario" Lalo, Chinos, Sexy Mandy and the rest of the gang. Temptation facilities may not be the lap of luxury and an upgrade is probably needed however throughout the years it was obvious that the rooms were always clean, the grounds kept up, the friendliest staff and the service outstanding.
    If you are going Grand Oasis Sens be ready for the opposite of all that. None of the restaurants have air conditioning and the food is barely mediocre. The breakfast buffet even ran out of food one morning. It was very difficult to get drinks at the lobby and pool bars as the bartenders are very inattentive. The staff did not seem to care at all about their jobs. We actually saw bartenders at the lobby bar take half finished bottles of water left by other guests and using them to prepare mixers. Our room had a view of the road, although listed as Ocean Front and the AC did not work. The splash pool was filthy and the shower leaked water all over the floor out into the vanity area. All of these issues were reported to management without remedy. The hotel is in need of a serious upgrade. We checked out after only 2 days and went to another resort. Unfortunately it was not an "adults only" resort but it didn't matter because any situation was better than the Sens. (We tried to get into Temptation but their were limited rooms and we we were afraid we might be referred right back to the Sens so we taking no chances).
    Don't be fooled by the Grand Oasis Sens description, this resort is at most a low 3 star. If you don't mind having no AC in the restaurants, poor AC in your room, indifferent staff, mediocre food (after a 45-60 minute wait), and questionable cleanliness then the Sens is for you. We quickly learned that there is no other place in Cancun like Temptation when it comes to staff, atmosphere and friendliness and unfortunately we will have to do without for another year. If you are going to Cancun we would suggest not to try finding a replacement and go ahead and stay where you know you at least get your money's worth: it is not at the Sens. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.
    Would be happy to share more details if asked.

4. kmontoya

kmontoya I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0
    wow! I am really hoping that is not the case for Halloween! I knew not to expect TTR but this would be a real downer.

5. GSpot69

GSpot69 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0
    Sht we are booked for late Sept. Have you put a review like that on tripadvisor I'd be curious to see their return remarks.
    I wonder what recourse you have while you are there to move to another resort?
    Well I'm hoping it's not going to be that bad. fingers crossed.

6. fun4two

fun4two Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    Thanks for the info

7. *leah3

*leah3 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    We are hoping as well. We have been to SENS when it was just getting going. They really just need people to start things. People need to dress sexier and others with as well.
    Topless is always better for everyone when more women do it !! We will be packing for sexy.

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Thanks for the report.

Matches my advice from a few months back.

9. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    If anyone can get "the shits" turned around and get Sens on their 'A' game, It is the HnH clan!
    HnH will be a true major test for the hotel.
    It's the perfect TTR group to break the seal at Sens.

There are some formidable and persuasive leaders running the Group.
    HnH has a history and rep of pushing for changes. And they don't take shit.

Hell hath no fury, like a Hottie or Hellraiser mistreated

And the gang will get their moneys worth!!!
    HELL: just on booze consumption alone.
    Some serious tipplers in the bunch.

If Sens chokes and defecates over Halloween Week, for HnH, then the resort will be stigmatized with TTR disciples as a lost cause and not worthy as a TTR 'withdrawal' remedy.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  10. ajay

ajay HnH Repeat Offenders Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,370 / 0

Fingers crossed! So far the staff at Sens has been very accommodating! We will post a thorough trip report so other groups know what to expect.

Miss you guys!!! Have fun at TTR next month!!! Xoxo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice