TTR repeater to a Oasis Sens attempt

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Sens' started by bearhug, Apr 26, 2016.

1. bearhug

bearhug Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +181 / 0
    Hey all,

With the reno's to TTR, I figured I'd post a quick idea of what the Oasis Sens is like...I just got back from spending 3 nights there.

You may disagree with me, but just trying to give you a gauge out of 10 to compare
    Facility - Sens = 8 - TTR = 6
    Room - Sens = 7 - TTR = 6
    Convenience - Sens = 4 - TTR = 8
    Service - Sens = 5 - TTR = 8
    View - Sens = 9 - TTR = 5
    Food - Sens = 7 - TTR = 8
    Drinks - Sens = 5 - TTR = 8
    Vibe - Sens = 5 (at least there were no kids) - TTR =10
    Fun/Party-= Sens = 5 - TTR 10
    Relaxing = Sens = 8 - TTR ....what's relaxing?

If you have specific questions, feel free to message me. I'm not shy. :sofa:
    The resort itself is beautiful. Great view, great beach. Some of the restaurants are good, but reservations are hard to come by because it's so big. Room was nice, A/C worked in it. Not all rooms have balconies but mine did. Bath tub was nice and big...which helps because I'm a big guy. And they do have 1 the playboy channel, but I didn't notice "channel 12"

Topless optional...but saw 1 brave lady in 4 days and that was on the beach and everyone was shocked. Very LGBT friendly...it was 50/50. Actually the one couple I met said they were disappointing there were not more lesbians for them to hit on...so they settled for me...

Layout is rough. And what I mean is be ready to do a lot of walking and stair climbing for anything. Pool bar is actually down a flight of stairs. The pool is multi tier'd and unless you jump the meter high wall from the lower pool, you can't get in except for by the stairs...plus there's a waterfall so you have to protect your drink getting back out into the sun. To get to the bathroom...the trek is long and up and down 3 flights of stairs (not exaggerating)

Party vibe at night dies pretty quick. Show happens around 9:30 and is followed by a "club" vibe, but very few people stuck around for it and it was VERY hot...the A/C either doesn't exist or doesn't work on much of the resort. This is the one time I did notice it got a little while in isolated corners...but it was far and few between and definitely no groups like at TTR.

No paty-o's style late night food...so if you're drunk and want something to eat...tough luck.

Drinks are decent, but staff is more reluctant to give name brand than TTR. Harder to get service here for sure. Bring your bubba if you've got on.

Breakfast buffet was passable, did have omelette station, but not as good. Super HOT in the buffet unless you sit by the open door.

As usual in Cancun, have to beware of the timeshare...but they're slick about it here. They seem like they're nice service attendants in the lobby and try to give you some tips on making your trip better...then they're trying to take you on a tour of the other Oasis resorts...

For Oasis Sens to work for TTR folks, I'd say the group really needs to plan well and take over an area and be prepared for funny looks...not that funny looks has every stopped me.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  2. $parkie7

$parkie7 June Junkie Sponsor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +908 / 0
    Perfect timing for this trip report. Thank you!

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the TR!

Too bad about the lack of late night food!! I would not be happy with that lol...I get hangry.
    I'm hoping bigger groups can sqaush the little things that would slow the party down whether ppl pick here or GP. Looks nice in pics!

4. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    Thanks

A little honest damper , but a good thing to know what to expect .

5. Partyometer

Partyometer I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +579 / 1
    Thank you for the comparison! This will help a lot of people!

6. Justrob

Justrob Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +206 / 0
    I think reviews will change drastically once TTR people start going

7. bobby slack

bobby slack Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0
    would agree with your rating......just add more TTR people and the place would be great!!!

8. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    Have you seen a map of the layout of the resort?

9. bearhug

bearhug Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +181 / 0
    Googled...this is essentially what it was:

www.resortsmaps.com

10. Ready2party

Ready2party Original H&H Gangsta's Registered Member

Ratings:
    +771 / 0
    We stayed at GOS last year for a week right after they changed to their current concept. We agree with much of the review except for restaurants. We didnt have much trouble getting reservations and thought the food was superior to TTR. The Black Hole restaurant was interesting and fun. I think with the right crowd, this place can rock!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice