TTR Cancun, An Honest Review...

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by capergal16, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    Well Jamie I am sure that the May folks are fun, but it's those of us in April that set the bar if I do say so myself :)

2. reddog68

reddog68 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    Glad you had a great time and Jamie is our expert on the resort but I learn more and more every time I go. Singles week isnt in April it is in may....lol at least that is when I go. We got a great group in May and we love SINGLEs well at least I do....lol. Ok now with that comment I can just imagine what Jamie is thinking....lol. I love the place so much I am going for almost 3 weeks this year...last week in April and first 2 weeks in May but only because after the last couple years of meeting so many different people during those weeks I wanted to see everyone again and they are spread out between those weeks. So if you want to have a blast and meet tons of great people think about the first couple weeks in May. If you can make the 4th of may we have one of our famous repeaters bday party out in town that night at Slices which is a great place to go and many of us are going....it will be a night to remember. So many people missed it last yr but not this year. Hope you join us.

Rob

3. capergal16

capergal16 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

3 weeks?!?!? I honestly barely survived 1!! Not sure on dates, but singles' week is the driving force at this point...

4. Sultryfox

Sultryfox Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    I would ditto you on nearly everything! We are planning another trip, but totally will do things differently the second time around - like getting our own liquor at the duty free shop, and not expecting 5 star resort food like what you would get in the US. It just is what it is, and I tell my husband that if you want to see the boobies, you have to give up some things - just saying ...

5. reddog68

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    First time I went I thought the same thing about the resort but the boobies won over every time....lol. Now temptations is my only Mexico resort I will go too. You just cannt beat the people you meet. Being single I have never been to a place where couples have no problem accepting you as long as your respectable. Hell love it so much I will be there in 10 days for a week and then almost 3 weeks in May for the real party. Just going in 10 days to prime myself up.....lol

Rob

6. Sultryfox

Sultryfox Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    and I need to reiterate the watered-down drink comment, that is why we will bring our own liquor for the room. We drank a TON from the bar and if we had drank that much at home we would have been plastered. Once we had our own vodka bottle delivered from management as an apology, it was then I was able to make as much of a scientific experiment as I could, being outside the university :) When I used the vodka from the bottle with my mixer, it was measurable compared to the same amount of vodka from the bar (so-called "straight") with my same mixer. I think they definitely water it down, but can you blame them? Business is business, so you just learn ways to get around it and everybody wins :)

7. reddog68

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    I dont mind them too watered down otherwise Id be passed out too early and miss all the fun plus that way I get more of my daily juice intake for the day....lol. That again depends on what you drink.....but hey its all included just drink more. Makes me feel like like I can handle my alcohol.....lol

Rob

8. Trish

Trish I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 0
    Thanks for the heads up. I can handle my drink very well and it already takes me twice as long to get drunk as your average joe. I guess the way around this is to do shots, or as you say go across the street and pick up a bottle yourself.

However, normally I can't handle tequila very well, so for me it would be a bonus if it was watered down a bit because I simply couldn't cope with the full strength stuff.

I'm not lying when I say I can handle my drink, so I will write up a review when I'm back in 2 weeks with an honest opinion on the strength of drinks!

9. suedave

suedave I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    thanks for your honest trip report, glad you had a great time and will be returning, they used to have a singles week in april every year, just check on the temptations website, we go in april and we have met the end of singles week a couple of times, april is a great time to go and you will meet some of the best people and the weather is fantastic, have some friends also that have been in may , and they are a great group of people also, you just have to decide which is better for you.

10. Roxie

Roxie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0
    I'm with you - two shots and a drink and I'd be down for the count. That's the beauty of watered down...you can drink all day!

And I agree on the coffee sucking - BUT, you can get Nescafe packets at walmart (or bring your own international cafe or something) - and instead of mixing it with water, I mix it with coffee and baileys-like-substance. Yum.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice