TTR Cancun, An Honest Review...

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by capergal16, Jan 7, 2012.

1. capergal16

capergal16 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am very happy to report that my first timer virginity is gone! Now for the details...

Check-in/Check-out - a TERRIBLE experience. We arrived at 9:20 am local time, and despite requesting early check in, our room was not ready until 3:00 pm. There was no safe place to lock up our valuables (everything just left in the lobby by the door), so we spent the day having to carry what we could around with us. Not fun! We also paid for upgraded rooms...we were given a standard and our friends the deluxe. And we couldn't get rooms even remotely close together despite arriving several hours before any were cleaned. Check-out was easy, no problems to report.

Food - The buffet is definitely subpar compared to other resorts I've visited. The selection of food is minimal and the same everyday. Stay away from the salad...a few of us became very ill, and we narrowed it down to the vegetables, which were drenched in water (and I assume it was tap, not bottled). The restaurants, however, were fabulous! The Italian was the best, in my opinion (best salmon I've ever had!). Make reservations for every night, it's worth it!

Drinks - Totally watered down! Stay away from the wine, it's disgusting! The champagne, although quite sweet, will give you a bit of a buzz though! ;) If you order any frozen drinks, ask for doubles. There is also a liquor store right across the street, if you're craving something specific. If you're a coffee lover, it's true...it's TERRIBLE! But it does the job, barely. But that's probably because you don't sleep much at this place! ;)

Staff - one word...AMAZING! Tip them well, they all deserve it. Last time in Mexico I found that staff catered to those showing bills. Not here. They are all happy, and aim for first come first served.

Rooms - aside from getting a standard room (as mentioned above), the rooms are great! Bring a fluffy pillow if you can't deal with hard ones though. But really, how much time will you spend there? The sexy lighting is the best!

Entertainment - ask how you find out what's happening each night, and where. Shows were great, but they weren't always on stage (at the sport pool), so it was VERY difficult to see the routines. Find out early and strategize your seating accordingly. If they say it'll be at Paddy O's, get close to where the exit is to the buffet...they always perform in that area and you're SOL if you're anywhere else.

Overall - this resort definitely is not a 5-star, so if that's what you're looking for, keep looking. But if you want to have a good time, meet lots of people, and dance the night away (among many other activities, if you're looking), then book! I will go back...already in withdrawal...thinking April 2012!

2. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Thanks for taking the time to right the report. All opinions are welcome. :)

Rooms become available as people check out so getting a room before 3 PM is very rare which is why every recommends that you pack you swimsuit on an outside pocket of your suitcase.

Also for future reference you can ask for a safety deposit box behind the front counter to lock up any valuables while waiting for your room.

Just as a heads up, the hotel has a in house water filtration system so all water used there is filtered. So although I have a few ideas why you might have gotten sick, water on the salad at the resort is not one.

Water on the salad outside the resort can be a problem so watch out for that. That got Chris one year.

Still can’t understand the watered down drink comments. If they are watered down there are a whole lot of light weights out there that I have seen drunk over the years. They must know who arrives each day at the bars and give them the good stuff because of the number of folks that suffer first day syndrome. Drinking in the sun all day sweating out the booze does make it a little harder to get drunk. That’s why you don’t hear about fishermen drowning everyday sitting out in their boats drinking all day while fishing.

But hey.. this isn’t an attack, Just another point of view. I am glad you had a good enough time to want to go back. :)

Jamie

3. capergal16

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you soooo much for replying, Jamie! It's great to know that some of the negatives could have been avoided. Had no idea about the security deposit box or the in-house filtration system. So thank you for correcting me. I definitely had the time of my life. And hey, I won't be so afraid of the salad next time!

4. Jamie

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    If I could talk myself into the salad it might help me not gain that pouind a day I gain while there. :)

But Chris lives on the salad due to her celiac requirements. But only at the resort now. :)

And May is better than April..... just sayin ;)

Jamie

5. capergal16

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Why May??

6. Jamie

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Cause that's when our crew goes! And everybody knows we party the best!

Or at least we have the largest number of repeaters that come back. :)

Jamie

7. Jamie

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
  8. capergal16

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ahh, I see how it is...a biased opinion!! :p

I heard singles' week is in April, so that's what we're aiming for. My bday is in May though, so you never know!

9. Jamie

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    I can assure you that any week YOU go you'll get all the attention you can handle. :)

And we can make it a birthday to remember!

Jamie

10. capergal16

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOL, hence why I will return! ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice