Ttr Bod Motivation

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Jessica, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Curious1

Curious1 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +479 / 1
    Wahoo!!! Great job not giving up!!

2. TigerTown

TigerTown Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0
    1 mile is a great starting point. Way to go!

3. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    The 1 mile wasn't the challenge. It was the "not getting run over" that ended the day. I ended up doing an hour on the treadmill, starting at 3.0 mph and 2 degree incline as a warm-up for a minute, then went up to 4.0 and 5 degrees for about 25 minutes then finished the hour at the same 4.0 but incline up to... I think it was 7 degrees? I don't even know if the mph and/or the degree of incline is actually correct. But, it is a commercial-quality gym PreCor treadmill, so I hope for the best.

Stacia's just gone upstairs for her daily love/hate date with Cassie Ho (yes, that's her name, she's a little chinese mixed cuti-pie out of ... I think it's L.A.?, she's got a video workout channel thing called "Blogaleiades," I think. Yoga stretching, lots of kick-ass cardio dance stuff that I am NOT going to put myself through, like that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. TigerTown

Ratings:
    +304 / 0
    Understood and I was referring to the totality of the situation, but also note many folks out there would struggle to do just a mile without any visual impairment :)

5. Hot4teacher

Hot4teacher Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0
    So we got extremely lucky and about a month before this all went down we purchased a full home gym set up. Had been running for the most part of the last year as well. I’m now down over 40lbs and the wifey is getting rather tone! Keep up the good work everyone!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. SUPnSun

SUPnSun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +419 / 1
    Everybody is doing great! We’re all going to look incredible as soon as we can get back to Temptation!

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. LandJ01

LandJ01 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Over the years we've bought home workout equipment that we never ended up using and were just sitting in the garage. But now that we can't go to the gym we're so happy that we didn't throw them out. Making the best out of a bad situation, glad to see others are staying motivated and seeing results!

8. SUPnSun

SUPnSun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +419 / 1
    I’ve been running for a few years... but I have no race planned so nothing to ‘work towards’. Really killed my motivation to run in the cold, dark and snow. All we picked up a treadmill.

During the first week of ‘things getting real’ I ordered a weight bench and a set of adjustable dumbbells. Add some small equipment I had, a Swiss ball, a TRX trainer, and a few resistance bands... and I’ve got a pretty sweet setup.

I’ve got enough variation to keep me interested. The only challenge is long run I’m capped at about 105lbs on the bench. At the same time I’m just trying to tone more than bulk... so it probably won’t make that much of a difference.

Once my gym reopens I’ll go back. It’s great to have the variation.

9. TigerTown

Ratings:
    +304 / 0
    I understand the whole "limited weights at home" predicament. I am trying out the occlusion training which doesn't require as much weight and hope to see some gains. Time will tell.

10. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    @Curious1
    Great work...I am serious.
    You are brave.
    We will work on those photos too.
    Keep it up!

Unfortunately, we fell off the wagon due to work commitments and the fact that we are putting in a pool and I had to dig out all the lawn sprinkler pipes, find the septic piping and identify it, and dig out about 25 bushes!
    Long, long story and based on a terrible experience that my neighbors just went thru and are still living.
    Will cost them $12k to fix their septic system and it was not the pool company responsibility due to incorrect or lack of information!

We will get back to it.
    But recall abs, etc. are made in the kitchen vs. exercise....like 80/20% or maybe even 90/10%.
    As those who really know say, you cannot exercise your way out of a bad diet.
    A bad diet is much of our problem now.
    Basically all the bad snacking we usually do not do.
    I am stuck on potato chips...chowing down on a family sizevbag or more a week!
    Great for the waste line and cutting...lol!
    Our meals are typically “healthy”.
    I think it is boredom as well as a solution to some deep seated depression due to all this virus stuff!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice