Trying to decide between October and November 2014...pros/cons? 1st timers :)

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by beachyblonde, May 19, 2014.

1. CodyandCarli

CodyandCarli Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +175 / 0
    Cant decide between October and November? Any pros/cons for these dates? Either month have a bigger/better crowd? Weather issues? From Louisiana, so pretty aware of humidity :) Halloween isn't an option as we have a little one. SO ready to party!!!!

2. ScoobyDan

ScoobyDan Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    I would go in Oct. The time change gives you less daylight.

3. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Well you are going to get a lot of biased responses as everyone loves the time they go so here is another one :) Along with reasons.

We love early October, known as Octoberbreast. Here is a way too long thread to read...
    http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/temptation-resort-cancun/27042-octoberbreast-official-group-141.html
    I would suggest starting at the end instead of the beginning.

But the reasons we choose Octoberbreast last year and again this year (but we will split it with some pearl time)...
    - we have little ones so can't do Halloween which is more crowded.
    - early October it is still hot. Beautiful weather last year.
    - it is before the time change which is twentysomething. You lose an hour of pool time after the time change as mentioned above.
    - it is really cheap. I just found $133 a night for oct 3rd. I will share details in the other thread.
    - air is typically cheaper too. It was almost $800 each for may. Currently it is $600 each for October but in late may/June last year it went down to $400 each. Hoping the same happens this year.
    - a bunch of us banded together last year to go the same week since it is a slow time. Us all going at the same time made it a ton of fun. This year the timing seems to be mostly oct 3 to 10 give or take a day or 2.
    - since the resort isn't 100% occupied we could get chairs at 9 instead of 4am. We could easily get into restaurants that are sold out at other times.
    - but at this time of year it is always important to get trip insurance. With all the money you save it is worth it.

Let us know if u have any questions.

4. Chris&Tammy

Chris&Tammy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    You can party with the Chaos Crew end of November, first of December.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice