Trying to book another trip with TR

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by leeleent, Jan 24, 2009.

1. leeleent

leeleent Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's been almost 3 years since my husband and I were there, (BBG)
    and we had a blast. We are wanting to go in September, because that is our anniversary month. We have a special anniversary this year. we'll be married for 9 years on 9/9/09. How about that??
    I'm still searching for a good deal, you know we are like most people, we have to shop for a bargain.
    Does anyone know of a good website with good deals at that time of the year?? Any and all help is appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    Alisa & Tim

2. leeleent

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Also, was wondering about all the changes there. I heard there have been a change in staff. Is everything just as good now? When we were there before, we didn't get to go to "Nice Shoes" because it was still being built back after a hurricane, I think Wilma.

3. sdherman

sdherman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My wife and I used a travel agent but then I heard of saveonresorts.com, checked it out and our friends booked through that website. It was CHEAP but the only thing that may suck is you have to do the time share meeting thing. At least that is what it said when we signed them up. I beleive that resorts only let saveonresorts.com sell so many rooms also, so if you want to do it, book early. The price was like $599.00 for 5 nights and you could add nights and I think that was like $159.00 per night. That price is per couple!! not per person, pretty sweet, I thought.

4. Beverly

Beverly 2nd day member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There has been alot of changes especially in Staff. Most of the old staff is gone and been replaced. Still fun, but just tamed down a bit. We go 3-4 times per year and generally we don't hang out at Nice Shoes either. It has been rebuilt in a different place at the resort, now it is located behind the sports bar. They actually use the same bar now.

5. Gus&Mel

Gus&Mel Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We got our trip on Hotels.com and think we did pretty good. all I can say is do your homework and you should find a good deal!

6. rflashman

rflashman Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    www.kayak.com (used to be www.sidestep.com through the old url still works) will search and compare all web sites. Latetly it seems gtahotels.com and skoosh.com have been having the best rates.

7. B & B

B & B Guru Registered Member

The Hub of the Niagara Pennisula, Ontario
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I just had to respond to this one, Mrs B and I were married on 9/9/89 and on 9/9/09 we'll have been married for 20 years.

Mutual congrats.

8. leeleent

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow, this is something that don't happen all the time. So congratulations to you and your wife and especially the 20 years part.
    well even though we know that it's not a bigl anniversay year like 10, 20, 25 yr. It's still special because of the date and the years married.

9. Ken and Darcie

Ken and Darcie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    I always use Expedia. In the years i have used them i have never had a problem that was not easily taken care of. Its easy and the price is always good when comparing them to other travel sites.

Ken

10. trevillyan

trevillyan Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We scope out prices online then call our agent to see if she can beat the price, most of the time can. This year we found it the cheapest on Expedia our agent couldn't beat it but she met it. We've also used Fun Jet, Apple, and Gogo.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice