Trying Golden Parnassus for the first time, March 25-29

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by couplecancun, Jan 7, 2015.

1. MikeandSherrie

MikeandSherrie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +173 / 0
    Sounds like you should try Temptation! More fun ;)

2. couplecancun

couplecancun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I saw the risk on being bumped but taking the chance. I spoke with vacation express and also the GP. Vacation express of course said it won't happen. I then called called GP and they said its "rare" (righttttt) and said they were not close to max capacity and no special events coming in during my stay.

With all this said, I think I will call Vacation Express back and try to get some to at least promise a bump to another Adults only resort. GP won't do that but maybe I can get that from Vacation Express. I will make some calls today and see what I find out. I agree, I bump to a family friendly resort is painful !:beer4::3some:

3. couplecancun

couplecancun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I booked my Golden Parnassus via vacation express website. I am not promising what they said is guaranteed, just telling you what they said to me. I told them about my concerns about being bumped to Great Parnassus. I was advised me that they have a contract with GP and have never had a customer bumped. They said that if Golden Parnassus gets a special event, GP calls Vacation express and stops future reservations but honors prior reservations. They also said because of this contract they normally have the best prices for GP. Again, please don't hold me to this, it was just a long conversation if a sales representative. Thank you

4. TMajic

TMajic Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I know that the Golden Parnassus is an adult only resort, but I always thought that meant it was not meant for kids. My wife and I stayed there last year. It was our 10th trip to Cancun, but our first to an adult only resort. We were happy with it. We were only looking for a sunny getaway in April. There is enough restaurants and bars to keep you busy, and there are lots of friendly people to meet and hang out with. If you are looking for an x-rated place then it certainly wasn't that week. If you simply want a small resort where you don't need to worry about little ones running around, then I believe you will be happy at GP.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice