Tropical Storm/Hurricane possible???

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Lala052206, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Hbill

Hbill Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0
    g

My pal is freaking about leaving tomorrow. Any works of encouragement. I don't want to do something stupid, like stay where there is going to be a hurricane hit, but a stormy day doesn't bother me.

Help please!

Bill :roll: :-| :?:

2. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    bill

the best way to keep him freaking is just to go ahead and get down there a day early - t and i decided to get on down there early - just hate the whole "iffy" scenarios

going to do what its going to do and to get my mind off all dat - just figured we would get down there as quick as possible so as to end the speculation.

like i say - its going to do what its going to do and you cant change that

so we are going to do what we going to do - HAVE FUN :)

3. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    bill, IMHO I think you might have a bit of a bumpy ride there, but as soon as Gustav moves past Cuba, and the rough seas and maybe some rain, it will be beautiful in Cancun...

As long as my plane flies there, I AM GOING!!

4. Hbill

Ratings:
    +41 / 0
    w

He wants to reschedule. Has anyone had experience with getting out in short order? I may go by myself. Geez, what terrible timing, but it's "trying to reason with hurricane season".

Bill

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    The latest on the storm, as I see it, is it slowed right down making not much forward progress over the last day and as a result the 3 day cone of uncertainty has changed little from 24 hours ago.

This means that Saturday will probably be an OK day weather wise and it will more than likely be Sunday when we will see the most effect, which is good news for Saturday arrivals but not so good for our planned booze cruise on Sunday.

The tracking also moved more westward bringing the projected centre of the storm a little closer to Cancun than was forecast 24 hrs ago.

It is still only storm status at the moment but expected to become a hurricane once again by the end of the day and a Category 2 hurricane when it is at it's closest to Cancun in the early hours of Sunday morning.

6. pjsplay

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Even at a catagory 2, do you think it will effect any of the resorts, or close anything down Steve??

We are not scheduled to come down there until the 6th, but IMO it looks like it will not do HUGE damage to Cancun proper???

Like I said, if the plane flies I will be going down there, but what do you think the fall out will be??

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    If it stays on it's current course even if it is Category 2 I wouldnt expect any damage in Cancun, anything closing down or any hotels to be evacuated. Probably some minor flooding downtown but not much else.

A direct strike might be very different but the chance of that is next to nothing although cant be ruled out at the current time.

8. pjsplay

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Steve.......YOU ROCK!!!!

9. Roy and Marie

Roy and Marie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  10. Hbill

Ratings:
    +41 / 0
    r

Looks very much like we are rescheduling for 12-16 Sept. Sorry gang, could not convince Greg to go. TTR was going to make me pay for the double occupancy, so I am told. It's third had at best, so I don't really know.

Bill

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice