Tropical Storm/Hurricane possible???

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Lala052206, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Max32

Max32 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I REALLY hope you dont get hit too badly - memories of Katrina must be flooding through now!! Everything crossed for you guys!! We'll be there til the 13th Sept!!

Hope we get to meet you
    Best wishes
    Max
    xxxxx

2. Max32

Max32 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If they close Cancun airport on Sat - we wont get there unless they delay our flight til it re-opens - I dont care if its delayed by a whole day!!

xxxxx

3. DavenRose

DavenRose I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We are scheduled to arrive at 9:45 am on Saturday, so unless they close early we should get there, I really wouldn't mind riding out the storm AT THE RESORT but I don't want to go to a shelter. We will just have to see how it progresses. The storm did lose some power over the night but could regain it again as it crosses water

4. MalibuBarbie

MalibuBarbie Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well I just rescheduled our trip... we are planning for september 26th-the 30th...ebody going to reschedule??

5. Roy and Marie

Roy and Marie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    With all the rain from Fay our internet has been on the fritz working very short periods of time . We've already put in our request for the airport to not close and Gustav to go north :wink: OH and the party is at Temptations :D

6. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gads, I hope so Roy and Marie........been watching, and that is what is making my nerves just jumpy!!

it looks like it lost some punch overnight, but if it moves over that warm water you know it will regain strength.
    I really want my vacation in Cancun, but feel really bad for anywhere this storm hits...maybe it will fizzle out over Cuba???

Steve, have you any updated news??

7. Roy and Marie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think that as long as this storm stays to the East of Cancun we and everyone in Cancun will be safe . Haiti really got hit hard and it doesn't look good for Cuba . Steve's hurricane blog is here : http://hurricanecancun.com/ for all the latest updates from Cancun.

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Not really. I'm just reading the same news sources as you guys. Weather is the same as it has been for weeks, hot sunny in the nineties and there's no sign of anyone thinking this one will come to much for us.

I think Cancun will be out of the cone of probability for a direct strike soon as the cone narrows with the predicted path becvoming more accurate. We will probably see some waves and possibly some showers Sat/Sun but not much more than that I think.

9. Roy and Marie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know this might be a silly question but does air traffic fly over these storms or do they try to avoid them altogether ?

10. CurtNBarb

CurtNBarb Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Roy and Marie,

Working for an airline I can tell you that they try to fly around.
    Depending on the storm itself it can get a little bumpy flying over. But,,,
    If you like your drinks shaken, not stirred, then flying over would be a bonus.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice