Tropical Storm/Hurricane possible???

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Lala052206, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Max32

Max32 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have said the exact same thing to ross - if we cant go then I think we'll avoid strom season all together next time we go! I cant beleive it - its just my luck! Oh well - better go to work - its gonna be a long night and I bet I dont sleep a wink through the day like I'm supposed to - god I hate this - I feel sick. I quit smoking 2 months ago and this is enough to drive me back to the fags LOL!!!- I know I'm being a little selfish and I hope to god no matter what happens that the guys in Cancun stay safe!!
    xxxxx

xxxxx

2. moony1234

moony1234 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi all,

I hope it doesnt hit!

We are due to fly from the UK on Thursday morning.... do you think it may be worth ringing the insurance company and cancelling???

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,206 / 14
    I would leave it a little longer before cancelling if you can. In 24 hrs we'll know if it's more likely or less likely that Cancun will be affected to any extent.

If it stays on it's current course then there may be a couple of days of rain wind and some high surf but probably back to normal within 48-72 hrs. It's not looking anything like a major problem in the same way as Hurrican Wilma was. But it's still a long way out.

4. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    also for those not familiar with gulf hurricanes - these hurricanes typically cause the most noise to the east and north side of the storm - oftentimes with these gulf hurricanes very little (if any impact) is felt to the west and south of these events

i should also point out the national weather service has improved dramatically in the last 10 years in predicting where these storms will go - just last week they had fay's northern turn, eastern turn, northern turn, and then sharp western turn 100% accurate

the national hurricane center is presently predicting this one to go well to the north of canun and if they are as accurate as they have been over the last several years and the storm stays relatively small - and keeping in mind the north and east sides of the storm are oftentimes the only areas to see any real intensity

all that taken into account - i like our chances of some great weather

now if it changes and the storm is scheduled to go south of cancun - then ill be worried a lil

the best

rob

5. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am SOOOOOOOO hoping you are right!!!!

We have the insurance and can probably go somewhere else....but plain and simple...I DONT WANT TO!!! {{stomping foot}} I love Cancun and TTR.

the wait and see stuff just gets on my last nerve!!

6. miked

miked Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This just adds more excitment to make this week go by faster. It is like a riding a bull, hold on and enjoy the ride.

7. miked

miked Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What about the three depressions behind gustav, So far we are seven for seven for depressions turning into tropical storms so this could be really really bad.

8. blackirish

blackirish Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We were there in July when Dolly came over, ended up getting drunk and going skinny dipping at the beach in the middle of it! Hurricane paties can be a blast

9. pjsplay

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Irish, if your are there while they shut down, no drinks, bare stuff, not alot of fun......

but just a storm goin thru....right there with you!!!

10. pjsplay

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok Mike, get ready.....tomorrow starts single digits for days left!!!

WOOOOO HOOOOO

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice