Tropical Storm/Hurricane possible???

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Lala052206, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Lala052206

Lala052206 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve,

Can you please tell me the weather condition now in Cancun?

any rain? wind? etc....

Thanks

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,232 / 14
    Right now it's hot and sunny with a few puffy white clouds around and well over 90F.

You can always get an idea of current sky conditions at my webcam site:

http://www.webcamcancun.com/

We wont see any effects of this storm until Saturday.

3. Lala052206

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks again Steve! my work blocked webcamcancun website, but i'll keep coming in here and check for any update or changes.

4. Max32

Max32 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is NOT looking good for us - we fly out of the UK on sat and I've read on weather underground that Cancun and cozumel airport is gonna be closed as of sat afternoon which is when were due to land! So I dont think we'll be coming and I'm VERY pissed off!!

Moreover - its gonna be a cat 3 by Friday and a few of the models have it heading straight for cancun which is shit for you guys and I hope to god ur OK. Dont know what we do now really!! BUGGER!!!

xxxxx

5. Lala052206

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is sucks! this will be my first time to Cancun and it will be ruin...ahhhh

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,232 / 14
    No way can they state that with any authority at this stage - it's far too unpredictable this far out.

We (myself and a few Cancun expat friends) are dusting off our hurricane Cancun blog - so please keep an eye on it.

http://www.hurricanecancun.com/

Last time for hurricane Dean we had 145,000 visitors in one day and had several TV and newspaper interviews.

7. Max32

Max32 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I really hope youre right Steve - I feel like crying at the moment first and foremost for you guys - my GOD you do NOT need a direct hit again - and secondly for me cuz I really need this holiday (like I'm sure we all do!!)

I'll keep watching the blog and pray it all works out well!!
    xxxxx

8. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    just keep prayin Max......I am watching right with you girlfriend!!

keep it up on my computer here at work.....just talked to Curt and told him maybe we need to change the time of year we go?? I just enjoy all the company that goes this time of year.

We aren't scheduled to arrive untill the 6th, but if Cancun take a direct hit, dont think that will happen....

*sigh*...I am right with you girl :cry:

9. WeeDave and LisaNI

WeeDave and LisaNI Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey folks,

Keep praying and using the power of thought maybe we can all steer Gustav away from Cancun.

I am sure it will stay away from Cancun - mother nature can't be that cruel and have another one like Wilma hit again so soon.

Max - I cant believe its only four days until you go - keeping my finger's crossed for all that are heading out of the UK over the next week - our friends viv and neil head out next Tuesday. When I see your countdown it makes it even closer for us to go - two weeks today we will be in London.

Take care everyone and keep praying and everything crossed that Gustav will stay away from paradise.

Bye for now

Lisa x x

10. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Its odd, I have a friend going to the bahamas this weekend, and yesterday she thought her trip was in danger. Today, things look perfectly fine for her. Now it looks like cancun may take some sort of hit.... I hate it!! Pray pray pray

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice