Tropical Storm/Hurricane possible???

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Lala052206, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Lala052206

Lala052206 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm leaving this Thursday and have heard there might be possible storm and hurricane hiting Cancun? Any true to this?

Thanks!

2. Max32

Max32 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ive been shitting it about this weather all weekend and yes its a tropical storm now. All the forecast tracks have it missing Cancun HOWEVER - you can never tell with these things. Last year Dean was forecast to hit cancun right on mor or less - but it changed direction slightly at the 11th hour and hit further south and made a real mess!!

We're scheduled to fly out on Saturday from the UK and I'll be watching this weather very closely! Got 3 night shifts to do from tomorrow - and MAN theyre gonna be long ones storm watching!!!

Heres hoping that Gustav (which is what the bloody storm is called now) keeps the hell outta Cancun and doesnt cause too much damage anywhere really. Florida realy does not need anymore bad weather really!!

Max
    xxxxx

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Not worried about this one at the moment at all. All the tracking paths have it heading pretty much where TS Fay went. (BTW we didnt see a single drop of rain or even a cloud as a result of Fay)

It could change direction but a change to a more southerly direction would be unusual, these things normally change to be more northerly if anything.

4. Max32

Max32 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good point Steve - it was Dolly that caused a few 'showers' (understatement LOL) for you guys. What were the forecast paths for that like? Heres hoping you escape. I mean - we dont want to miss our vaca and the booze cruise but you guys live there and have to cope with a devstation if a hurricaine hits (like Wilma) I shudder everytime I think about the mess that one made!

I have your crisps BTW - theyre all packed up and ready!!!

Max
    xxxxx

5. miked

miked Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are getting rain from fay all the way up here in tennessee. But we needed it so no complaints at all. Now I don't have to water my grass.

6. franko77

franko77 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Any more news on this one guys? Were leaving tomorow morning!

7. Max32

Max32 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wish we were - you guys will prob be OK - I'm hoping upon hope that the hurricane misses cancun however I'm a little worried about wether our flight will still go seeing as at around the time the storm passes Cancun - our flight will be due to land! I know they can fly over and around storms but if its on Cancun airport - what will happen? God only knows!!!! I'll be gutted if we can't go - its not easy for me to change my vaca time at work with me being a nurse - the rota's are done a month in advance!!!

All we can do is watch and wait!! Hopefully we'll see you on saturday afternoon franko!! - Safe journey bud

Max

8. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
  9. franko77

franko77 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This dont sound good :(

10. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Hmm, yes this one has changed course massively in the last 24 hrs, things not looking so good now for Cancun... possibly jeopardising the cruise on Sunday.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice