Tropical Storm Dolly

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by TraceyUk, Jul 20, 2008.

1. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    This tropical storm is due to cross the Yucatan Peninsula tonight/monday am. Expect some rain.Check National Hurricane website for warnings.At the moment the Navy website names it but Nat Hurricane website does not- however its due to be updated at 2pm.
    Tracey
    x

2. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    The Yucatan is now under a tropical storm warning.
    Tracey

3. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Tracey! Doesn't look like we need to be "hurricane ready", but some rubber boots will certainly be necessary!

4. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And a f*+=#-g Boat. I took Aida to work this morning and Ave. X-caret and Tulum were about 2 feet of water. Not to mention my neighborhood.
    I think I need to buy a 4x4. The Chevy Pop just doesn't get it.

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Today I finally *got it*, I finally figured out why Cancunenses do not go out in the rain. It's not because they don't want to get wet.

It's because they don't want to hit all the car-sized potholes hiding under the huge puddles...

6. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ... and also because people still drive like raving lunatics even though they can't see three feet in front of them.
    On Saturday there were 3 separate accidents in the hotelzone and a taxi still cut in front of me for no reason, driving like an idiot - and it wasn't even raining yet!

7. bncancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    "AMEN" Jen, It is frickin crazy. for those living here we know this, for those visiting here DON'T RENT A CAR. Driving here either in the rain or in dry weather they are fricking crazy.
    And forget the Taxis in New York City, wait until you see them here, not to mention the bus drivers!!! (And my brother in law is a taxista, and when I ride with him I hold on tight) :cool:

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My husband leaned to drive in a taxi cab in Mexico City. Nothing scares him and his passengers always have to hold on tight.

9. bncancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That is why we in the "South" call them "Oh shit" handles.
    Please folks if you are coming down here and planning on renting a car, have plenty of insurance and use a reputable company like Hertz, the pot holes will swallow my Chevy whole if I didn't know where they were. :cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice