trips to Playa Del Carmen and Isla Mujeres

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Johnny28, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Johnny28

Johnny28 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got maps from mapchick and found a couple of interesting things that I need some help with. Going to Playa Del Carmen from the hotel zone you go downtown and take the bus etc.. but I noticed on the map that in Playa there is a playa express colectivo van for 34 pesos, $3 that goes to the cancun bus station. Does anyone know if they go thru the hotel zone and if they do where can you get one in the hotel zone to go to playa if they do. Secondly, going to Isla Mujeres from the hotel zone you take a bus to downtown and then a taxi or bus to Puerto Juarez.. but the map suggests taking the Ultramer Ferry from El Embarcader or Playa Tortugas Dock in the hotel zone, it costs more but appears to be more convenient, any thoughts or info on this would be appreciated. Thanks, Great, Great Forum!!

2. Laura Mapchick

Laura Mapchick Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Johnny,
    The colectivo parks across the street from the bus station and does not go through the hotel zone.

Either way of getting to Isla is good, it just depends on how much extra travel you want to do to get to the ferry.
    The drawback of taking the ferry from the hotel zone is the limited schedule.
    If you want to take the HZ ferry over, I'd just buy a one-way ticket on the ferry from the hotel zone and then return on the Puerto Juarez ferry, that way you can come back whenever you want.

Hope this helps ;)

3. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its easy to get to Puerto Juarez from Downtown by bus and also a bit of an adventure for site seeing, a real taste of Mexico. Just get downtown anywhere on Tulum and look for a Puerto Juarez bus. Cant beat the 60 cents for the bus. And you can stay on the Isla past 5:00 pm, I think that is the last ferry back to the HZ. They run until 11:00 pm (I think) from Puerto Juarez.

4. Johnny28

Johnny28 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks

thanks for all your info!!

5. bella

bella Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So let me get this straight because i wanted to know how to get to playa del carmen also. I can take a bus from HZ to downtown (main stop?) and take a bus there to playa del carmen? does anyone know if we can do that then what is the latest time we can come back on that bus from playa del carmen. I am not interested in going there too early but i would like to go afternoon to evening to see some bands/bars restaurants more than shopping. help :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice