Trip to temptations may have just saved my life!!!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by East Texas couple, Aug 16, 2008.

1. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Our wishes to you as well - go forth, get well, then go off and enjoy life! Life is for the living of it!

In reply to Sheik here, testicular cancer is both an older man's AND a younger man's disease - but like many other diseases, it is far more virulent and nasty the younger you are. My 16 year old son's friend was diagnosed with it this past spring - well advanced, metastatic into the abodominal lymph system, which puts pretty much everything below the diaphram (intestines, stomach, pancreas, liver, kidneys, etc. etc.) at risk for spread of the cancer.

So, guys of ALL ages, including those just growing "hair #1" down there all the way up to the old dudes, check your boys at least weekly and if anything is amiss, RUN, don't walk, RUN to a doctor!!!

For the original poster, my mom is a 12 year breast cancer survivor, stage 2, metastatic into four lymph glands, the works. And now clean for 12 years. She did it, so can you.

2. Hbill

Hbill Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0
    best wishes

My current girlfriend is now one year cancer free. She had a lumpectomy, and this spring had a suspicious lump removed (not malignant) from the other breast. We are very positive about her prognosis. She is looking forward to a vacation with me where she can go topless. I don't notice anything and she has the most positive attitude you can imagine. I may even suggest TTR for our vacation. So, catching it early is so very important. Remember the treatments are the key to a long life, and you will be fine. If you have to take chemo, consider donating your hair. My girlfriend had very long hair and it made her feel so good to donate it to someone that could use it.

Best wishes and God speed.

Bill

3. Max32

Max32 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: best wishes

Hey Bill - what a good attitude. Your girlfriend sounds like an angel (keep hold of her and YES - you should bring her to TTR!!!)
    xxxxx

4. C5xcitmt

C5xcitmt Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You are also in our thoughts and prayers.

The American Cancer Society has patient navigators in most hospitals who are there to help answer questions and give you guidance. Also ACS has a toll free number with people staffed 24/7 to answer questions and to lend moral support. Their number is 800-ACS-2345. Finally they have a website to....www.cancer.org.

I'm a huge supporter of the ACS and their work. If you need help finding a patient navigator let me know and I'll see what I can find out for you.

Good luck.

5. East Texas couple

East Texas couple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you to each and everyone of you for your wonderful support. We met today with my surgeon and was able to find out more information. It seems the tumor has spread and is now invasive, I will have surgery monday, remove tumor, take lymph nodes, and put in the chemo port. I will then rest for 30 days and start chemo for 4 to 6 weeks followed by 6 weeks of radiation. The good news is that once I do all of this then they said I should have a 97 percent chance of it never coming back again. That is the blessing. So we will be putting off our trip for a few months. Again, I WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR BEING SO KIND TO A STRANGER. HAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP TO EACH OF YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU!
    Tammy and Eric Menges

6. The Woodman

The Woodman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Our prayers are with you Tammy as well as with your family!! You'll make it fine girl!!!
    Woody & Sue

7. JanScott

JanScott I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +113 / 1
    Tammy & Eric,
    You're not strangers....you're part of our CancunCare FAMILY. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you while you get well, Tammy. We'll miss you on this trip, but just think of the celebration when you are completely recovered and cancer-free. Let us know when you are able to visit TTR again...we would like to join in that celebration!

Love & Hugs,
    Janice

8. Nurse Jackie

Nurse Jackie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Keep up the Positive Attitude it is KEY in this and any situation. All the advances in modern medicine are for not if you dont the believe you can beat this. Take it one day at a time and believe. And all will be fine. Let the changes that this will bring into your life make you even stronger and better then ever.
    and keep us posted!! my Prayers are with you

9. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    Tammy & Eric..My prayers are with you... " LIVE STRONG " I'll see you in TTR.... :D

10. spunky60

spunky60 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    would like an update of how things are going. GOD BLESS.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice