Trip to Cancun/Riviera Maya in January????

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Susie2595, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Susie2595

Susie2595 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So I am in charge of planning a group trip to Mexico in late January. I love Cancun. Stayed at Cancun palace 2x and that is exactly what I am looking for on this trip.
    Went to Riviera Maya on my honeymoon and was bored. We stayed at Excellence Riviera Maya and it was too "stuffy" for me. Not a fun pool scene at all.
    So here is my problem. My sister is completely against going to Cancun. She is all about Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen. I like the crazyness of Cancun. After reading up on RM/PDC I feel like I will be bored.
    So, can anyone tell me what I should do? Are there any fun hotels in Riviera Maya/Playa that cater to the singles and couples? I also am looking for an All-Inclusive that is at least compareable (food/alcohol/pool scene) to Cancun Palace....
    I am getting really stressed out about this ...
    Thanks so much for any help....

2. fishing_magician

fishing_magician Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    stay at Adventura spa palace

you won't go wrong there as it has night life, fun young end of the resort (south end) or quiet end for older crowd (north end). Rooms are awesome and will bet once you stay tehre you won't go anywhere else... We taxi to playcar palace to visit cozumel for the day and that palace, take bus trip to xpuha palace for a day. pools are awesome. you will have the crazy pool games and such going all day long.... south end is 275 yards long with swim up bar, volleyball, basketball and plenty of chairs.... that resort has a full spa for massages, manicure, etc. too much to list... any quesitons shoot me a note.

3. julietravels

julietravels Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Aventura Palace is what you want

I am a travel agent in the states and moved to Cancun in January. I consider myself an expert in all inclusives in the Cancun-Riviera Maya as I have stayed at many of these resorts overnight or spent the day at many of other ones. I absolutely recommend the Aventura Palace. I have stayed there twice and I even handled a friend's wedding their last year. The resort did a fantastic job with the wedding and all the guest loved the property. It is adult only and has a younger feel than many of the other adult only all inclusives.

4. Mojito

Mojito Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You might try looking at an All Inclusive in Puerto Morelos. It's close enough to Cancun that you can take a cab to the clubs if you get bored. Or, maybe stay in Playa del Carmen, for the same reason. From my experience, all the AI's in Riviera Maya, Puerto Aventuras and Playa del Carmen are pretty much the same when it comes to nightly entertainment -- we've been to AI's in Riviera Maya about 15 times, mostly in Riviera Maya and 2x in Cancun.

5. Susie2595

Susie2595 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks so much for the information. we will look into adventura spa palace. we also just heard from some people we know here that they go to the Grand Palladium every year. Looked into that and was much more affordable. any comments?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice