Trip Review, New Years 2017/2018

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by RobAndLis, Jan 12, 2018.

1. AandC

AandC Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0
    What a “GREAT” review…oh yes…what a great “review”…

One can have the feeling of a seminar about “Bipolarity, how to recognize the first signs” when reads this, but no judging, just analyzing :)
    Let’s see what this “great” review teaches us:
    First of all “in almost every quantifiable way Temptation is better than it ever has been”, and then that “I am not here to trash the resort”, only he found “some” negative things like:

- Furniture sucks

- Long chairs are dumb

- The chairs at Bash are a joke

- Chairs in the restaurant are uncomfortable and oddly shaped.

- Roof top pool was freezing and was windy, with a big disappointment because was closed at night (thinking: at night was heated and less windy?)

- Weird design flaws, door jam repaired twice

- The whole building is cheap and shoddy construction.

- The glass balcony panels will fall for sure (100%)

- Bash sucks

- DJ is terrible with crap and endless loop.

- Furniture is terrible (again)

- Dance floor is ridiculous.

- Hotel feels like a any other mid-range hotel and business than a resort.

OMG>>>

Then again like in the beginning of the review: “As I said, in most ways Temptations is better”…
    REALLY?!?:eek:

The review continues with Why they will not come back (“serious part”?!):

1. The resort is to big physically for the number of people staying here, bash looked half empty, the pool half empty, corridors long and empty –sounds like agoraphobia but no, can't be, maybe, just saying…o_O

2. Another reason is because they NEVER waited to be seated at a restaurant – that is a really good one!:confused:

3. No more PatyO’s with jammed people in a “hot sweaty mess of barely dressed humanity”. Ok…

4. People are less dressed and pool is topless but so what – hard to be pleased…:D

5. To many first timers and no wild parties because of that. – I agree to disagree!:mad:

The comments keep coming about crappy seating and etc…

Now, in the end there is this big dilemma in the house “to go, or not to go back” because guess what this people who used to party like animals would do: rent a house on Isle Mujeres…..

Ok…sleep well!

Hmmm..yeah. Are these kinds of reviews really good for anybody? I know it's a point of view but is it TTR about chairs and furniture? Did anybody paid for Martinez Hotel in Cannes or Plaza Hotel New York presidential suite, and they got by mistake a Trendy Garden Room at Temptation? Anybody thought they will be feed like at Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée, Paris in an all-inclusive resort in Mexico? NO!

I don’t think so.

People come here to have the FUN they need so much, to make new friends and meet old ones, to dance, to laugh, to play games, to have sex (yeah, this can makes one to forget about furniture) and to drink!
    I feel really sorry about people who can’t have fun in a place like TTR but let me tell you, if you have to watch the Bash party from your balcony it means you didn’t drink enough Tequila. ;):marshe:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. conjuna

conjuna Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +191 / 0
    Makes me really sad

3. FLB'S

FLB'S Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0

4. FLB'S

FLB'S Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0
    Don't sweat the small stuff and it is all small stuff. 14th time in last 6 years old and new look,great times always with some small issues

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,833 / 3
    No need to bash the couples original post. They were just expressing their thoughts and observations from their recent trip. And frankly, many of their concerns, likes, dislikes, and overall feelings about the new TTR are very similar to other guests experiences, including our own in our two visits since it reopened. They and many others are sincerely hoping TTR management can improve on these areas. After all, we're all paying guests who can choose to spend our vacation funds anywhere. That being said, we're traveling down in April and hoping for the best of the old TTR vibe and party with a full resort. It sounds like they were hoping for the same thing yet were disappointed in some of the changes. But there is no reason to mock them for expressing their concerns and thoughts. Just my .02

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  6. RobAndLis

RobAndLis Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Apparently we can add “any criticism of Temptation” to “your baby is ugly”, “your Jesus is the wrong Jesus”, “my politics are different than yours”, and a whole other list of things that get people spun up because the disagree to a near religious degree.

Totally missed the point of us wanting TTR to be better, and that on this particular trip it wasn’t working for us.

@Steve Thanks for several years of a great forum, we’re out.

7. AandC

AandC Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0
    So jnine, in your opinion this review is a good thing for first timers? For those who paid their first trip at TTR and don't know the reality...Is this the truth for the repeaters also? I think the collective think is still TTR is a great place!
    Indeed there is no perfect place, perfect country, perfect city or resort, but is THIS the reality over there? Does the furniture sucks, all the chairs are dumb and a joke? Is the whole building a cheap and shoddy construction? Does the Bash sucks indeed and the DJ is terrible and music crap?? Those are not my words. I am not trying to make victims here, just try to get the real answers.
    If you all agree with this kind of reviews maybe we should cancel our trip, but let me doubt that...

8. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    I think it is less about agreeing or disagreeing and more about appreciating and understanding a differing opinion. What is good for one may not be good for another. I think variety of opinions is what makes a lot of the conversations on here interesting. I hope that a newbie can read the good and the bad and make their own opinions of whether TTR is right for them. So I try to present my opinion while appreciating someone else’s without directly calling them out implying they are wrong. We can all be right in a situation like this where it is so subjective.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  9. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    Wow!
    I guess Rob and Lisa are off CCC.
    Will be missed

10. 1st_Mate

1st_Mate Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    If you are here still....I appreciate your review! I appreciate all reviews. I even laugh at those crabby reviews on Trip Advisor from the unknowing folks. We’ve been there 10 times...maybe 11. I have searched the world for a similar place where there is like-minded, free spirits but I can’t find one. We have been there once on New Year’s in our earliest days. It was so much fun and we met friends we will know for the rest of our lives. It was called Blue Bay Getaway then. Anyway, the weather was not great, but better than the Midwest. We have pics covered in Mexican blankets bought on the beach. Not the look you want when on vaca, though. Because of work/school, we went a couple more times in January and because of weather, we were done. If you spend that much money, you want warmth. That got us to Week 8, at the suggestion of great travel friends we meet in January at TTR.
    I hear next week is at capacity! For us, the larger space should be fantastic. They will change the furniture, eventually. The concept looks great in pictures. I am looking forward to a nicer room. We had a magnificent room at Grand Oasis Sens last year but the entertainment sucked....the service was crap...but thank goodness there were 100+ TTR folks there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice