Trip Review, New Years 2017/2018

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by RobAndLis, Jan 12, 2018.

1. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    @Steve Do you mean Golden Parnassus?
    Or has Great Parnassus turned into an Adult Only resort?

2. Len from the Floor

Len from the Floor Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +556 / 3
    @Steve. You said: "Yes there are a hundred extra rooms."

I thought the hotel had 380 rooms pre-reno, and 430 now. That means there are only 50 extra rooms, making your point even stronger.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Fixed. Yep, I meant Golden. Great is where we often went with our kids so it was on my mind.

Although Great Parnassus is now called Seadust. The 'Parnassus family' had a fall out and are now not partnered.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    You're probably right :) I was following the OP's quote. Would have to check.

5. JnJPartyStyle

JnJPartyStyle Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +405 / 0
    We have yet to try the new TTR, (5x old TTR vets) but I think Steve’s points sound pretty spot on.

We are going in April like always. Although I’m sure we’ve had a cloudy day here or there, the weather has been damn near perfect every time. We are talking 80-90 degrees pretty much all day and night. That alone will take care of a lot of the OPs problems with the temperature.

Plus, the week we are going in April is booked solid with the regular April Addicts crew we’ve known for years. No way in hell they aren’t brining the party! We have more friends trying to get a room there during our week right now and there are none to be had. So, we will know soon enough if there is too much space considering a sold out crowd.

We’ve also been to DRM, DP, and Breatheless.

Breathless is everything that people are complaining about with the new TTR remodel except the people aren’t half as fun. Very much a Vegas, “let me take a selfie” crowd. Way too spread out and the nightlife is awful.

DRM and DP if you go during a take over week easily brings the party of TTR, both can be a blast, however the atmosphere isn’t for everyone.

TTR is it’s own niche that would be hard to find a replacement for.

We are going in April with an open mind. We’ve heard all of the complaints and are completely aware that it’s not the same resort. But I can’t see us getting too hung up on “uncomfortable furniture” and the layout for “bash”

As far as the music, that sucks, but PatyOs was known for playing Macho Man 3x per night.. We lived with it.. Why they don’t fix this shit I’ll never know.

As long as the people bring the party, and the bartenders keep up with serving the drinks, I think we’ll make it work! We will know soon enough!65 days!

6. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    Weather will drive the crowds down. I think we all agree the OLD TTR was in need of a renovation and the party will get better. I like what Steve said the busiest months are ahead of us.

7. vodkatonic

vodkatonic Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +197 / 0
    great points JnJ and Steve too... ya music did suck sometimes ,ya theres always some one bitch n bout somthing or another at TTR,,,,we work all winter just for our adult fun at TTR in april,,,8xs no we are not members we see old friends make new ones,we return home spring is starting harleys out , pool gets open life is good,,,,,and life is way too short enjoy cheers all see ya april 21-28

8. RobAndLis

RobAndLis Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Steve, first of all Thank You for hosting and administering this site and all the other wonderful things you do...it’s great!

I totally get your points and don’t disagree. I probably could have put some more details up front as caveats to avoid coming across as generalizing. Some key additional info to flavor our review and tailor it more to our experience and expectation versus a general review of the resort at all times of the year etc.

- We only go for New Years. This is probably the most important thing because it absolutely impacts the experience: it is a generally slower period, the weather is colder, and I’m sure the crowd is different. Please view my review with that lens; it is from a reference of that time of year only.

- We were specifically comparing our experience this past New Years with the previous New Years spent at TTR. Not to any other time or crowd.

- I think 5 NYE at TTR is a pretty solid sample size *for comparing one NYE to another*. We of course agree that you simply can’t compare NYE to spring break, halloween, etc. I’m going to stand by my view of how this past NYE stacked up against the previous 4 though.

As for other options....

Totally agree with you on this too, we’ve given up on looking for an exact (or even close) match to TTR. We haven’t found one either.

We think we are OK with not looking for another place that has it all. Vegas for example has the party, shows, topless pools, etc but there is definitely a couple weather windows where it’s best. Europe has tons of topless beaches and resorts, but it is the opposite of affordable. There are options in the Pacific (Thailand, Philippines, a bunch of islands etc) but that can get seriously expensive and many of the best beach areas are in countries with questionable governments and loose security. Right now I think we may just split it up and go a couple of different places over a couple of trips.

If we ever do find something similar we’ll be sure to let you know!!! :)

Cheers!

9. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    I hope you are counting the August and November visits as amazing parties :) I thought both times we visited it was quite the party, better than old TTR. I realize this may be a different strokes for different folks type of thing but we loved the more edm focused music (only on some nights) and our biggest old TTR complaint (resort run down) has been solved. Hope to make it in April. Fingers crossed.

10. Hutch6292

Hutch6292 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +214 / 0
    • Qyq

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice