Trip Review March 2014. GOV

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Jess_2703, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    Sounds like all the Positiveness in the world couldn't make the food better.
    When one pays good money , one should not have to use the power of Positiveness to have a good time or make the food taste better.

2. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
    Hmmmmmmmmm a TTR regular didn't enjoy GOV.

From people we know............. GOV was beyond spectacular!

3. iowa farmers

iowa farmers Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    3 times to TTR, GOV exceeded our expectations, Food was Awesome, especially compared to the rate that we paid for each day. Dont think there is a better value for that kind of food on any vacation or cruise we have ever been on. From someone who provides food (protein) for thousands and thousands of people annually, I think our society (North America) have taken our cheap and abundant food for granted.

I wonder if you got the very important advice that you needed to leave one of your room keys in the special slot on the wall to make the A/C work. If not the fan runs but the compressor does not activate thus no A/C. We had a good english speaking bell boy and if we didnt get that advice, we may have not had A/C for a while

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  4. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    Maybe you should make a thread about the card and the A/C. We probably would have never known! Thanks!

5. somebeachsomewhere

somebeachsomewhere Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 0
    We also had a great time at GOV.......been to TTR twice and Hedo twice........had a great time at all of them..........GOV exceeded what we expected and will no doubt continue to improve..........fortunately we never experienced anything that dampened our stay.

6. Jess_2703

Jess_2703 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0
    I pay almost 2750$ for
    my trip but I pay more than 500$ in restaurant because the food was discusting! so It was more than 300$ per night for both! Food is a big issue there! Everything was hard or not enought cook even the eggs wasn't cook! It's
    my biggest complaint for
    this resort! ben wasn't
    feeling well his belly
    hurt for the whole week because of the food!
    Also be carefull they want to charge you for everything! 10$ if you loose your ticket for your suitcase !

Like I said we might go back bit they need to change ! There is also only 2 restroom so if you need to go pee well you need to dry up pu clothes on and go in the hotel! the floor is really slippery if you're wet

- Food
    - Entertainment
    - Gratuities, it's an AI, but
    they charge for room service, safety, wifi which is commun, bell boll ticket ( if you loose it) They even try to charge you if you're going to another oasis hotel ( Don't let them )!

Gov And TTR
    comparaison:

A/C and pool: TTR
    Food : TTR
    Location & room: GOV
    entertainment: TTR
    ( There is almost 0 to none!!)
    Restroom Location : TTR
    people, party: TTR
    Beach: GOV
    Staff: TTR
    Theme night: TTR

The show was nice @ GOV. There was any participation in any theme night and I'm pretty sure no one know about it!

You can make your own experience but for me it's a no! Hope you'll have a better experience :)

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

7. Jess_2703

Jess_2703 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0
    Oh I forgot it's a 21 and + resort but there was alot
    of people under 20!!!! I met someone who was just turn 19 -_-!

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

8. Ali & Andrew

Ali & Andrew I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 1
    I think this is a great example of what happens when you go somewhere and expect it to be the same as someplace else. You will be disappointed more often than not.

It sounds like GOV is still in a bit of a transition and that should be expected. TTR has had decades to become what it is now. Sounds like GOV is moving in the direction it wants to and will become what the people who go there enjoy.

It's the same with any resort I'm sure. We went to GP in December to relax and that what we got but I know there's a huge following at GP that go to party and have a great time. Compared to TTR we didn't see that but it wasn't what we expected either. Don't get me wrong, GP is a great resort but it's not TTR, nor should it be.

9. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    Thank you, Jess. It is really nice of you to take the time to post all of this--and in a second language, too! Merci!

10. carl blank sam

carl blank sam Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    Too bad you didn't enjoy ,but if you wanted the same as TTR why didn't you go back to TTR?GOV is not nor wants to be like TTR ! Its like wanting an apple but eating an orange ,all good but not the same.We have been to TTR three times and it was fun,not as classy or clean as GOV nor was the beach as good which for us puts GOV in the lead.Hope you enjoy your next vacation.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice