Trip Review (long)sept 22nd Thru Sept 27 Th

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by leeholly, Sep 28, 2021.

1. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    The thing with the yacht is that you really want to either do that with just yourselves, or with people that you know well. You are on a much smaller boat, and it's a very nice experience, but it's not even close to what the Boobs Cruise is. One is more of a chill and relaxing boat ride, and the other is a group party boat. I normally recommend building up some close friends first, then taking out the yacht. If you ask more random people (that maybe you just met on the current trip), you never know what their expectations are. You often have to book it before you even are at the resort, so I have seen people struggle to pull a group together the day of, and end up paying the cost alone. Different people you just meet could just been looking to drink and chill, or they could be looking to get into more. The best yacht booking we ever did was when we were with friends we have known for years. We made it our own smaller wild drinking cruise with girl only action, and everyone was on our normal same page. "Lets keep our pants on boys", "Agreed!".

The Boobs Cruise is never disappointing, and it can be however you want. If things get to wild, just move. If you want things more wild, then get it going.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  2. leeholly

leeholly Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    We figure we book enough days we get the 40% credit back and that will pay for the yacht.

Im glad u pointed out all these points. Say…. We use the 40% credit to pay the $600 for the yacht … what is the typical tip expected for crew/ captain?

3. ScubaSteve

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    It's two people. 1 Captain and 1 mate (server/bartender). I think we gave them like $150-200 to split.

I don't get resort credit with my contract, but I would probably feel weird using the credit for the yacht, and then having my friends give me their share of cash towards it. (Lots of people just say "throw up $125 per couple to cover the yacht") Cause it be like I am pocketing their money, even though it's technically my money when you boil it down.

Obviously if you are doing the yacht alone, then this isn't an issue and that's a good use of the resort credit.

I personally would use the credit for the things I ring up each trip:

1. Cowboy Steaks
    2. Lobsters
    3. The stupid about of red bulls and bags of chips my drunken wife gets from the gift shop
    4. The accidental bottles of champagne my drunken wife orders at night from the dude with the cart (thinking they are free)
    5. The bottles of Jager I drunken order...on purpose

upload_2021-9-30_11-59-6.png

upload_2021-9-30_11-55-58.png

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  4. leeholly

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    We were not going to charge for yacht. We would just be excited to take it out. We have a jet boat… so we r water / boat people. BOAT = bust out another thousand lol!!!

we literally spend so much money a year on the lake
    Gas, food, jello shots We have NEVER ask anyone to pay a dine…. We r gonna go regardless….

so for us….. it was the hook line & sinker if u will…. The highlight of the premiere offer! Its what really got our attention! So we gonna go no matter

5. ScubaSteve

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    Makes total sense. Obviously you don't have to change, and I have done that before when I booked it for Elyse as a birthday surprise. Just was giving a heads up on what normal protocol kind of is when you are asking and gathering friends for the yacht.

6. MajesticMelons

MajesticMelons Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,746 / 3
    Oh the sting of that accidental bottle of champagne my wife did it 2x this time. I will be reminding her of that for a while. Although she is completely adorable drunk when she polishes one off.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. leeholly

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Cool,

we figure we will schedule boat on 2nd to last day… next time we go wed like to stay 7 to 10 days.

we stayed 5 this time cause we really didnt know what to expect & wanted to just check it out.
    We made some friends very quickly. It would be ideal to bring our friends… thats our plan… but either way alone or with a group we will have a blast!!!
    Ya know I also liked that we do not need to stay at Temptation to reserve yacht. We r planning a Grad trip for our middle child for Cancun. We plan on setting up a time to reserve yacht and take kids 16, 17, 19 & some friends … ( this plan will require a split cause we would truly be out the money.

so, that being said .. this last trip to Cancun was our 1 st … WHERE would u book ( same type of environment as close to Temptations ) for a grad trip? With a group as well…. Group would have kids of all ages….

8. ScubaSteve

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    Glad I am not the only one. "I thought it was free, cause we looked so hot." "Yeah Elyse that's why they were checking the number on your wrist and getting you to sign something. Totally Free"

9. ScubaSteve

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    No clue, sorry I have only stayed at a place for little kids (years back), and then Hotel Xcaret, which is amazing but crazy $$ for a group. As far as the yacht, with that type of grad trip you probably would be better booking a boat via somewhere else that's more like a small party boat for the day, or maybe a fishing/party trip. Obviously you can use the membership however you want, but I figure there would be better boat options you could charter for your needs.

10. leeholly

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Thats a good idea! I didnt think about that.
    Thats sounds betta….

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice