Trip Review Jan 15-20 (long)

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Martinagirl, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    The above sounds like a bit of a rant from me, but honestly I do appreciate all trip reports - especially as our 'cancuncare pioneers' are breaking new frontiers. Every comment and report is useful.

However, I do not want anyone to think that:
    a: I recommend one resort over another
    b: that GOV is the same as Temptation, or wants to be
    c: that hotel concept changes can happen overnight

It's different strokes for different folks, if you want TTR go to TTR. If you want something different maybe try GOV or anywhere else.

Neither hotel pays me anything to promote them and I wouldn't want them to because then I would feel I need to be biased.

I see my 'job' as letting the cancuncare community of people who like hotels in Cancun that have a sexy vibe know of new developments. From me you'll get facts, and occasionally a little opinion about the direction I think things might be moving. But I'll never say choose this or that hotel for your once or twice a year hard earned vacation.

That is your choice!

2. GoGoBlanco

GoGoBlanco Banned

Ratings:
    +255 / 2
    You must be getting soft in your old age Steve! We are going to Spice Lifestyle Lanzarote · Swingers holidays & Naturist holidays in Spain in two weeks, and as long as it hits 18C it's ALL coming off! LOL x
    :daisy:

3. Carolinacouple

Carolinacouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Excellent points Steve. I have going to TTR for nearly 20 years myself....even all the way back to the Blue Bay days. These resorts take time to grow and find their niche. I mean GOV have only been at this a couple months for gosh sakes. Versus 20 plus years for TTR ?

I can't help but think being anywhere in Cancun with this years winter weather can be very contusive to partying.....yes even at TTR. I learned not to go to TTR in the dead of winter years ago LOL.

4. Martinagirl

Martinagirl Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    I did say at the beginning of my reviews that I was reporting on my experience now and for the benefit of people who are looking for the TTR experience at GOV. Anyone' looking for that will be disappointed at this time. Many people are considering going there in the near future and will most likely find the same experience we did. I am not trying to discourage people from going to GOV. Like I said, I can't say what it will be or is going to be. I did honestly report what it is now. And as for the pool at TTR, unless it is raining, I have never seen it completely empty for 4 days. But, hopefully things will pick up for GOV with the weather getting warmer if that really is the issue. I honestly think this hotel needs to very clearly set out how and why they are not and never will be like TTR, and explain clearly what exactly they want to be.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  5. lynnshaun

lynnshaun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Martinagirl-I appreciate your honest trip review as we were thinking of booking at GOV .We were under the impression that it was going to have the same vibe as TTR. Thanks for clearing up the misunderstanding on our part. :daveandmo:

6. fun4us

fun4us Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +941 / 2
    [​IMG]

Pic from the sexy pool a few weeks ago(Jan 10th or 11th, same time Martinagirl was there). Cool water temps didn't seem to bother anyone at TTR. Just saying....

7. Blackcoupleindc

Blackcoupleindc Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah we didn't see any either. I forgot to ask Valentina about that but that would have been interesting to find why that concept didn't materialize.

8. Blackcoupleindc

Blackcoupleindc Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve,

We completely understand what you're saying about time to get things going but if it's not going on they need to say that and not flat out lie about what they do and don't provide! We only have so much money for vacations a year, we expect to get what we are promised not a promise of doing it right later, that does us no good and that's the bottom line.

9. Martinagirl

Martinagirl Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Here is a picture of the pool are at GOV mid-day. Notice the chair set up.

[​IMG]

10. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Not very conducive to a kick ass pool party.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice