Trip Review Jan 15-20 (long)

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Martinagirl, Jan 23, 2014.

1. desire-66

desire-66 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

I never noticed the chairs and I never have ever sat in one. Sitting on a chair you may as well be on the beach. Hard to talk to anyone. To me a pool party is actually being in the pool. Where you can mingle and talk to everyone That pool from pictures looks like it will be perfect for it. Hopefully it will be

2. Martinagirl

Martinagirl Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    We talked about moving chairs from the beach (it's kind of a long haul for a heavy, awkward folding chair), but there was really no reason to because there was nothing going on at the pool anyway. The beach could be a great party if the resort took steps to make that happen. There are a lot of things that could have been a lot better just with a few small changes such as music, daytime entertainment, etc. I am not sure why the management wouldn't have started implementing some of these easy changes as soon as the resort changed over to start the new concept. The main message from the management over these forums, and the comments from the staff are "we do not want to be anything like Temptation". Obviously they would not want to be a mirror of another resort and I can understand that, but the question I have, and keep waiting to see the answer to is, what aspects about the Temptation crowd do they NOT want and what DO they want to be instead? That is not clear at all and hasn't really been explained. The continued answer is that it takes time to change, without a real explanation about what they want to be. The draw to TTR is the people you meet there, the atmosphere, and of course the easy going staff. What exactly are they trying to avoid in their efforts to not be like TTR? If there is a group of TTR type people, and a group of conservative people, how are they going to balance out the differences? We were told they wanted to be "classy but open minded" as opposed to "what Temptation is like". So, will rowdy people be told to calm down, or will conservative people be asked to be more open minded when there is a conflict of personality types? That's what I am looking forward to hearing about once these larger groups of TTR regulars get there and test it out.

3. breezesfan

breezesfan Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The pool pix is definitely from the center section of rooms.

4. Western Iowa Traveler

Western Iowa Traveler Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0

Hang in there you two! Tell Kelly we are going to have a good time whether she wants to or not. We will drag a bunch of chairs together on the beach to party, or drag a bunch of chairs to the pool area to party, whatever we have to do!:lotsofmichaelfs:

5. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    Is there anything to do during the day, though? Yoga, pole dance, zumba, volleyball, salsa dance lessons, mixology, etc.?

None of those are really "like TTR," they're just standard at other hotel brands in Riviera Maya and Jamaica (Occidental, Iberostar, Allegro, Breezes). Seems to me there's a lot they could do on the beach that would be fun and encourage the mingle-minded to mingle without having to do exactly what TTR does.

Every resort we've been to has had a volleyball net, at least.

6. GandM

GandM Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    They have volleyball on the beach. I also saw them doing yoga, zumba and water aerobics in the ocean.

7. Ready2party

Ready2party Original H&H Gangsta's Registered Member

Ratings:
    +771 / 0
    Count us in!!!

8. Western Iowa Traveler

Western Iowa Traveler Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0

Absolutely!!

9. KScpl

KScpl Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    (Kelly speaking) I know we can make a party! I promise, that's not the issue!
    It's the fact that they can't figure out how to keep their guests happy with adequate food and drinks. They're not a new hotel and something that basic isn't a new concept! Maybe they want to make people wait for everything so they get fed up and go off site? Saves them lots of money. Just a thought.
    We've been to several all-inclusives including a few in Cancun and further south and have never experienced anything like this before. It's ridiculous!
    But for now, because we really want to meet everyone from CCC who'll be there at the same time, we're keeping our plans to go to GOV. Let's just hope no more bad reviews come in to change our minds!

10. Melissa&Patrick

Melissa&Patrick Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 0
    I will help move chairs guys!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice